Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!,

Just picked up my 240D shipped from San Diego this past Wednesday. But got sick driving it on the way home. Have been in bed with the flu since and have not had a chance to do anything with the car.

I own a 96 BMW 328i and a 99 528i which I really love. They are really dependable. All these cars were eBay purchases and have not had any bad experiences so far. Saw the 240D on eBay and bought it straight out for the buy it now price. Think I got a good deal?
Item number is 170097738401.

Bought it as my commuter car since I was moved to a new location at work and now the drive really sucks bumper to bumper an hour drive with 30 minutes of it to drive about 5 miles ugg!

Pretty clean car..have to glue some of the wood trim back in place..seems pretty common? But one thing I really don't know how I would go about doing is the passenger air vent has fallen into the dash. I can grab it but don't know how to pull it back into place...any thought appreciated..

Thanks..jamz..

·
Premium Member
1999 SL600
474 Posts
Hi, jamz. Looks like a really solid 240D, and not a bad price at all. Very fair, I'd say. I'm partial to the blue and black plate CA cars myself because they show the car has lived its whole life in CA, and that's about as good a guarantee of low rust as you can get.

I'm not sure how to get the vent back into place. Have you tried lowering the under-dash panel? It comes out pretty easily. If you do that, you might be able to reach up from there and snap the vent back in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply..yeah..just got all the service records in the mail today..very pleased so far. I think you might be right about lowering the under-dash panel. Will give it a shot .

jamz

·
Registered
`86 W201 2.3-16. `84 W123 230Ce
169 Posts
Hi Jamz
looks like you have got yourself a good result there for the price. i think that is very good value, and looks like it has been well cared for over its life.

Happy motoring!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts