Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon, my aunt gave me their Benz. They say it won't drive past 40mph. Paid for registration and insurance so we can get AAA to tow to my house. From searching I think it is in limp mode. I'd like to ask for help in which scan tool to read and help diagnose and then clear the codes.
Thanks in advance for any help. Hoping to learn from this forum.

·
Registered
W202 230K Sport manual & a few non Merc's
511 Posts
iCarsoft MB V2.0 get's good reviews and is popular among Merc owners. It's actually on my to buy list.

In the meantime, disconnect the battery for 30 mins, reconnect and see how it drives.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
iCarsoft MB V2.0 get's good reviews and is popular among Merc owners. It's actually on my to buy list.

In the meantime, disconnect the battery for 30 mins, reconnect and see how it drives.
Sorry for the late reply. Work then fixing little things on the c280 on my days off.
The problem is the triangle with exclamation point came up and I felt the car slow down. Was a misunderstanding between my wife and aunt.
From what I read, one of the abs sensors is flaking out.
Icarsoft MB V2 with the obd1 adaptor, one seller will add that adaptor. Will order soon. Hopefully it can help pinpoint which abs sensor is flakey.
Really enjoying working on this car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts