Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1998 230 slk
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently purchased a 98-230 slk with 62,000 miles for $13,000. A one owner, woman, who kept it in the garage and had all the maintenace records. The only things besides the A & B work done to the car is a new intrument cluster, door panels, and both tail lights replaced, misc. bulbs, and a new battery. She told me she changed the oil (5-50w) every 7,000 miles. I know it needs a 60,000 mile service (I hear it's a bit PRICEY). I will have her ind. merecedes shop do a trans. service, diff service and change out the tranny mount. I will be changing the plugs, oil, air filter and cabin, and fuel filter. In six months, I will have them also do a brake flush and p/s service. What other things should I be looking for/or be changing. I have been reading these board post for about three weeks trying to educate myself. Mr. Bazzle and others have really helped me become somewhat educated. Thanks..... This car does not even have a ding to the paint. She also had an interior guy fix the interior/peeling problems some of these cars have. It is silver with charcoal grey/beige interior. It is a automatic, and my wife will be driving it. Thanks, Mista ps. Did I spend too much?

·
Registered
02 - 32 (Stock); 99 SLK230 (RIP); 81 CJ7 (Fully MOD)
399 Posts
Congrats & Enjoy!

Price is good, IMO. Where I'm at it's a bit pricier. Yours is probably in tip top shape. Enjoy the ride for now... and if you hang here long enough, you may get hooked on mods :D

It's a fact! :rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts