Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2007 S550
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just bought an early 07 S550 silver over grey. I love it!

A few questions though.

First: I would like to get another key for the car and am wondering how much this will cost considering it does have Keyless go. And s it true I have to go to the dealer for the key?

Also, the keyless go button was not sold with the car, and I know the car has keyless cause I have the sticker, how hard would it be to get the button? Is it as expensive as the key? DOes it have to programmed too?

Second: I got out of an 03 S430 which had an aux input in the glove, but this doesn't?! How much would it cost to put in an aux or ipod kit, or how hard would be to do my self?

Third: Whenever I have the drivers door open without the key in the ignition the car constantly gives off a chime, which is really annoying. Is this normal? Any way to stop it? Is it cause of Keyless go?

Fourth: the lumbar does not work for either driver or passenger. When I go to adjust it in the command and I move the scale from 0 to any number it goes right back to 0. for both seats! Anyone know what this could be? I read somewhere it could be a software issue?

Fifth: My car also has Sirius (which I'll never use) and since it is an early model it has this big ugly antenna on the trunk lid, anyone know if i sacrifice having Sirius i can't get rid of, or would body work be needed?

Thanks For You help.
John

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,429 Posts
Hi,

A few questions though.

First: I would like to get another key for the car and am wondering how much this will cost considering it does have Keyless go. And s it true I have to go to the dealer for the key?

Also, the keyless go button was not sold with the car, and I know the car has keyless cause I have the sticker, how hard would it be to get the button? Is it as expensive as the key? DOes it have to programmed too?

Second: I got out of an 03 S430 which had an aux input in the glove, but this doesn't?! How much would it cost to put in an aux or ipod kit, or how hard would be to do my self?

Third: Whenever I have the drivers door open without the key in the ignition the car constantly gives off a chime, which is really annoying. Is this normal? Any way to stop it? Is it cause of Keyless go?

Fourth: the lumbar does not work for either driver or passenger. When I go to adjust it in the command and I move the scale from 0 to any number it goes right back to 0. for both seats! Anyone know what this could be? I read somewhere it could be a software issue?

Fifth: My car also has Sirius (which I'll never use) and since it is an early model it has this big ugly antenna on the trunk lid, anyone know if i sacrifice having Sirius i can't get rid of, or would body work be needed?

Thanks For You help.
John
1) why did they not provide two keys with the car? It is a dealer only item anyway. The KG button is nothing but a small piece of plastic, I did not check the price but it cannot be expensive.

2) AUX retrofit is not complicated at all if you know basic wiring stuff. Comand needs to be version coded to activate AUX. You can have AUX video too if you wish.

3) not sure, I believe you are right, KG warning.

4) Sounds like a valve issue, see earlier posts at the forum.

5) It is a Sirius antenna but since you cannot see wiring at the top of the trunk lid, there must be a hole for the wire which you would need to fix if you removed the antenna.

·
Registered
ML320, ML500, S550V4, ML550
423 Posts
5) It is a Sirius antenna but since you cannot see wiring at the top of the trunk lid, there must be a hole for the wire which you would need to fix if you removed the antenna.
Thanks!
I saw this lump, painted to match the trunk lid, on an iridiium silver S550 and wondered what it was.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,
I just bought a 2008 S550 with one key. I paid $470.00 for the extra key bought from the dealer.

The push button cost me $59.00. it is just a piece of plastic that slides into the key opening.

There is an auxillary input in the glove compartment of my car.It is on the right side top corner of the glove compartment. It could have been an option.

My car also chimes initially for a few seconds until the I start the car. Than the chime stops.

·
Registered
2007 S550
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses guys.

The chime, which is a constant on and off does not stop. When ever the door is open, with the key far from the car it does it. It in my opinion is ridiculous.

Is this normal? Anyone else have 07 cars with keyless that do this, or is it a malfunction?

It's an early 07 car so I could be normal and just something they changed. I'm getting ready to locate the chime and stop it.

·
Registered
S600
54 Posts
First of all you have a legal right to request a dealer to provide you with a second key for free, keyless button i dont know
i pod integration is about 300 $ installed by the dealer,
i have a 600 and sometimes my lumbar support goes back to 0 as well as i only had the car for 4 days didnt really figure out what is going on

Hi,

A few questions though.

Thanks For You help.
John

·
Registered
2007 S550
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First day with the car in the rain, only thing that bums me out is that moisture got in the drivers head light,

any ideas on what I should do to go about fixing this?

·
Registered
2007 S550
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is not my car, but the one in the first pic is the exact Sirius antenna I have on my trunk. It's the only thing that bothers me on the car as I have seen other 550s that just have a little lump instead of this giant thing on the trunk. Anyone know why mine has this antenna instead of the one in the second picture. I guess it's possibly because I have a really early 07 car (3/06)?

Also anyone know if there is anyway to get a hold of the smaller antenna?

John

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 S550 Flint grey, AMG package, 19" chromed AMG wheels
9 Posts
Regarding #3
After being told that the dealer could not shut this off, I told my dealer that unless they correct this constant chiming in future models that I will never buy another MB product. It is the most annoying feature of any car I have ever owned.

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,429 Posts
Regarding #3
After being told that the dealer could not shut this off, I told my dealer that unless they correct this constant chiming in future models that I will never buy another MB product. It is the most annoying feature of any car I have ever owned.
There does seem to be an option to turn off the KG warning with Star diagnosis but it may need developer keys which official dealer tools do not have. You might find an independent shop or an MB enthusiast who could do it.

·
Registered
2012 S550 Bi-Turbo 4Matic
303 Posts
What are the differences you noticed with the W221 coming from W220?

·
Registered
2007 S550 Flint grey, AMG package, 19" chromed AMG wheels
9 Posts
There does seem to be an option to turn off the KG warning with Star diagnosis but it may need developer keys which official dealer tools do not have. You might find an independent shop or an MB enthusiast who could do it.
I was told that the Benz dealers do have the Star diagnosis, but I saw an independent with a Star setup and he told me that I needed the start button, which I don't have as I bought used and it did not come with the car. I also thought incorrectly that this button would be expensive to buy and I really wasn't interested anyway, so I didn't bother to purchase one.

He said that with this go button installed the chimes would stop, as the car is setup for this button and is searching for this button.

I will give this a try.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello Guys , I Imported a S class s550 2007 from the US 5 months ago, everything was fine unless 2 days back , while i was on highway suddenly there was a weird sound i heard from the vehicle,and then the car switched off automatically, i stopped aside & then gave the engine a start & it started normally, but there is a yellow light (which has the engine design) which is on all the time & there is a different sound when i accelerate the engine,there is a Turbo type sound ,i took it to a local mercedes service centre as i am located in the Gulf ,and he said that the problem is the CONVERTER located in between the engine & the transmission as he mentioned that this defect has been found in plenty of the s550 series & its a manufacturer defect , i managed to get the part number (221 250 05 02) from the spare parts dealer but now i need to assure whether the mechanic is legit or not, i need some expert advice !Thanks Benzworld Team .

·
Registered
2007 S550
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What are the differences you noticed with the W221 coming from W220?
Hi,

Well, I had two W220s so for me the differences were quite noticeable. Overall, it is so much better. The overall feel of the car is so much more solid, and quality built. As far as how it drives, it is so much quieter inside, but you get this amazing deep toned subtle rumble from the engine when accelerating you truly feel like you are in a jet. All of the buttons and compartments on the inside feel much better, with more quality. Just the way the doors close and open are even better. I also went from the S430 to the 550 so the engine and power is so much more! It is crazy how fast the car is. 0-60 in 5.4 seconds, keep in mind a Porsche Carrera S is 4.6! The 430 was 7.2 seconds. Also the S550 has 391 ft/lbs of torque whereas the 430 only had 275 so there is a BIG difference here. Overall I am soooo happy I upgraded. Really everything is improved. Even the key, it is this heavy nice key with metal on the side when the w220 had this light weight cheapy feeling key. If you have a 220 now, I highly recommend the 221. In my opinion, it is a bigger step up then most new generation models usually are to their predecessors.

·
Registered
2012 S550 Bi-Turbo 4Matic
303 Posts
What about the trunk, GPS screen next to the main display, and the stick shift on the column?

Like...don't like, better, worse, what would you change on it, if you could?

·
Registered
2007 S550
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What about the trunk, GPS screen next to the main display, and the stick shift on the column?

Like...don't like, better, worse, what would you change on it, if you could?
When I had the 220, I was kind of upset that they got rid of the shifter as at one point didn't want the 221 because of it. But once you have it, you'll realize it's an improvement. It's a lot more convenient, when I park/drive/reverse I just flick the lever, it's great. The lever also has a nice feel, when you push it down or up it kind of drops in and you feel the car move into gear. So now, as an everyday driving car, I prefer the column shifter.

GPS screen, another thing I was unsure about, but I like it. With the combination of the shifter gone and the screen up in the dashboard, you can just sit back with you hand resting on the console controlling the gps/radio with much less effort.

With the trunk, I don't know what you mean? It's just like the old one?

There really is nothing I would want to change. It is a complete improvement. You really just gotta think Mercedes knows best. They spend millions of dollars researching what is best. The reality of it many people are skeptical when they see pictures, but once you own it you see the light.

John

1 - 17 of 17 Posts