Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys .. here are the rest of the pics I promised I would post. These are also with my puny 265-75-16's. I'll post pics with my 33's off-road in a few days. ENJOY!!

P.S- In case you didnt notice I'm stuck in pics #4,5 and 6. All my tires were spinning and I was bottomed out and barried so nothing could have helped me exept another 10 inch lift .. my friend got stuck in the same hole as well, but he was trying to do it in reverse. I have to try to cross it again though with my 33's, the additional flotation and ground clearance may get me through, or utleast further through. LOL

·
Registered
'99 ML320, '83 240D
113 Posts
Hey, thanks for sharing. Your rigs both look great. I would never run a mudhole like that though! [:)]

·
Registered
2011 GLK,2007 S550,2003 S55,2008 CLK,2009 C300,1996 E300,2005 E320,2002 E3
1,355 Posts
Are you going to put a winch on the ML? Which vehicle gets tsuck more often?[8D]

·
Registered
2000 ML430
101 Posts
looks like quick sand to me. I can't even imagine standing there and sinking in slowly.

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
4benzes - 5/10/2005 7:45 AM

Are you going to put a winch on the ML? Which vehicle gets tsuck more often?[8D]
I'm probably going to get a winch put on eventually ... I just hate how they can be unreliable sometimes though. And they arent waterproof, but we'll see.

My friend got stuck twice that day and I only got stuck once. But it's also because he was leading and I chose a better line. I dont know if you can tell, but he's stuck in the first pic. He doesnt have lockers and his traction control is'nt the best I have seen so only the two tires with least resistance were spinning. If he got a rear locker I'm pretty sure his truck would be more capable than my truck.

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tatnhu - 5/10/2005 9:39 AM

looks like quick sand to me. I can't even imagine standing there and sinking in slowly.
It had been raining the whole day and it only stopped when we started wheeling. So you can imagine how nasty this stuff was. The moment I stepped out of my truck to hook the strap up to his winch my shoe got sucked under. [:p]

·
Registered
'99 ML320, '83 240D
113 Posts
The 4 Runner's got two things the ML doesnt have: a locking transfer case, and articulation! [:D]

·
Registered
ML430/ SL500 SA
1,009 Posts
chia - 5/10/2005 4:26 PM

The 4 Runner's got two things the ML doesnt have: a locking transfer case, and articulation! [:D]
Three things.

It has that cool periscope for when you are under water.

LOL

Those are awesome pictures. Mud is the worst. It fills in the treads and turns your tires to slicks.

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
chia - 5/10/2005 4:26 PM

All the locking transfer case does is give it even power to the front and rear axles.

You also forgot he has a better angle of approach and the truck is slightly lighter.

But what I have is more ground clearance, more HP and TQ, better tires albeit the same exact size, a wheelbase that is shorter by 1", less overhang at the front and rear, and a superior traction control system. [:p]

Did I miss anything??[?]

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh ya .. I forgot the most important one of them all, The unique factor of the Big Bad Benz. [8D]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts