Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I would like a black dashboard for my own car - there is one hitch - and a big one too - this new one is for a right hand drive car. My own 200 W123 is also right hand drive. The guy who has it wants US$357 ... I do not know if that is a fair price?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WELL FOR ALL INTERESTED PARTIES....THE (W123) DASH PANELS ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE THROUGH YOUR MERCEDES BENZ DEALER. SO THAT PRICE IS A BIT STEEP, BUT YOU CAN'T FIND DECENT DASH'S ANYWHERE.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: What's the part number?

Eddy, the MB part number is W123 680 4687 and the colour code is 5070.<br> <br> I'm not sure if it is the same as a CE W123 I would be interested to know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am interested in this dash as well. Do you still have it?

-jante
austin tx...

I am interested in this dash as well. Do you still have it?

-jante
austin tx

·
Registered
2005 w203, 2013 Town & Country
2,180 Posts
[?]whats the story with the blue dashboard? i would like one, i have a mint black one to trade or what not but i love my blue interior. is it still for sale, or did it go if so what price please?(market research)-jake

·
Administratoris Emeritus
2021 SL770
46,416 Posts
BF_JC230 - 12/12/2003 8:27 PM

[?]whats the story with the blue dashboard? i would like one, i have a mint black one to trade or what not but i love my blue interior. is it still for sale, or did it go if so what price please?(market research)-jake
Since you already have a "mint" dashboard, you only need to paint it blue. You can purchase blue leather dye in liter cans from MB dealers and independent distributers. The stuff works like a dream. Just paint it on with a brush -- one coat is all that's needed.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I have thought about that many times, but am not very comfortable with painting/tinting such important parts...We tint/die parts at work all the time but I really feel the dash should be oem. However if you have worked with oem die and found positive results I would really be interested in hearing about it, and how it puts up to the real world and evil uv.

·
Administratoris Emeritus
2021 SL770
46,416 Posts
I can't speak from personal experience in regard to long-term results (except to say that we've NEVER had a call from someone a couple of years later that color was wearing thin or wearing off), but I would expect no difference from the dye that was used to color the dashboard, console, trim panels, etc. in the first place. The items were originally dyed blue at the factory with the same stuff I'm referring to, and I would expect the same results. I can tell you that the dye is a pleasure to work with. One coat with a brush is all that's required to change a dashboard from black to parchment -- one coat!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Well if you are that sure of it, all i can do is try. I was unaware that MB sold their tints and dies, but i will look into it. that was sort of the original plan when i bought this black one(to change its color). All i can do is try, nothing really lost as it was not going in my car black. thanks for the information - jake [:D]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.