Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1999 ML320
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys im thinking of changing my muffler on my ml320, to get a nice deeper and louder sound, not too loud, but just enough to hear it when youre outside the car.. any suggestions?

·
Registered
1998 ML320
613 Posts
There is a thread on this forum here somewhere (real helpful huh? ;-]) Anyway I think the muffler was a Magna Dynflo and there were two series one was a 60 and the other was a 70. The 60 was quite a bit louder than stock. The 70 was slightly louder than stock but still added a bit of tone. The guy posted videos on youtube so you can hear them. I think the other comment was the 60 would add quite a bit of cabin noise at highway speeds while the 70 didn't. Shame as the 60 sounded real good but I'm turning into a old fart so would go for the 70 myself :D

Oh and I believe they didn't mess up anything ecu wise so they just bolted on and nothing changed other than the sound ie no check engine stuff.

·
Registered
1999 ML320
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, what do you think about a REMUS SPORTE muffler?

·
Registered
2000 ML 430
1,588 Posts
I would second Magnaflow, definitely the way to go, and if you were to get any performance gains, probably Magnaflow would be the one to deliver

·
Registered
2004 Mercedes Benz ML350 inspiration edition
30 Posts
I have really been wanting to do this to my car also... but i find it a little challenging to find the muffler that i want... let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
1999 ML320
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
same with me :).. i find a muffler, and i think its all good and im going to buy it, then i see another ad, with a different kind.. i've always liked the sound of REMUS.. idk why.. heres a vid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts