Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
300SE 1990
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Mosselman Turbo kit for Mercedes W124 R107 300CE 300SL E320 24V M104 Engine

Brand new Mossleman Twin Turbo Intercooled System for M104 24V engine.   Can also be used on 12V M103 engines but you will need to buy a different interface for the computer and possibly different piping for the intercooler.    

Power Increases: 
Stock:    M104 24V Engine   [email protected]  196 Ft [email protected]    
Turbo:   M104  [email protected]  56% increase       314 [email protected]   40% increase  

$3750 shipped in the US, OBO
Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
1990 300ce 24v
22 Posts
I'm interested can you give me some specs and pics of all the parts. Also how difficult would this be to fit. I'm plenty capable, but I just want to make sure I don't have to rent out a garage to do this! Also would you recommend rebuilding the engine of a 300ce with 129k miles? The thing runs increbily strong and has been well maintained, but I don't want to blow it out. Similarly would I need to rebuild it if I was just running low boost of around 7-9 psi? I'm very interested in this system! Let me know, Thanks, James

·
Registered
300SE 1990
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes still for sale. had someone tell me they will send a deposit but I have not received anything yet
Dan

·
Registered
748 Posts
Hi cam69ss, I see that he have the same car...I drive a 1989 Euro-Spec (its in Venezuela) 300SE, also untouched engine and tranny. Still runs strong but planing in swapping out the engine and the tranny. Since I now spend most of my time a year in the USA, this car has turned out to be more of a project car. I just baught a 5.6L engine from a 560SEL and I cam in the process of rebuilding the engine and gathering all the parts to put in to my W126 SE chasis and make it a true high-performance machine. The cool thing is....That I still have My inline 6 engine from the car (its currently in the car)...do you know if this Turbo Kit can be fitted into our cars? If so, I guess that I could rebiuld the 2.6L engine using US-spec pistons which have a 8:1 compression ratio unlike my Euro-Spec which is 9:1. If you can, please give me more info on this.... I think that this could turn out into a really cool project if I could leave the I.L-6banger with a turbo[8D]

·
Registered
2005 S55; 2003 ML350; 1997 C280 Sport; 1991 300SL; 1986 190e 2.3 16V (2); 1968 W30 442
583 Posts
Just curious - is this a completely bolt-on upgrade for a 1991 300SL? Is there anything else needed besides this to make it work correctly? Can it be installed with the engine left in the car?

·
Registered
300SE 1990
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
waybomb
it is a direct bolt in for your car. Most of the install is done on the top of the car. No need to take the engine out. It would prob take about a weekend to install.
Dan

·
Registered
300SE 1990
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pictures for the Turbo System:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/index.html?id=2127227567

This is a complete new kit. Never installed. everything is included for 90-92 24V M104 engines

I am going to be away for a few days. First person with money will own it. you can check me out on Ebay, my ID is camaro1969ss
Thanks

·
Registered
96 C36, 87 Turbo'd 190E 2.3-16, 86 SC'd 190E 2.3-16, Brabus'd C32
1,626 Posts
4 year old thread.

·
Registered
W123 Turbo Gasoline Carlsson
72 Posts
Turbo kit

I'm interested can you give me some specs and pics of all the parts. Also how difficult would this be to fit. I'm plenty capable, but I just want to make sure I don't have to rent out a garage to do this! Also would you recommend rebuilding the engine of a 300ce with 129k miles? The thing runs increbily strong and has been well maintained, but I don't want to blow it out. Similarly would I need to rebuild it if I was just running low boost of around 7-9 psi? I'm very interested in this system! Let me know, Thanks, James
These kits are not that simple to install, theres lots of factors that you need to consider, i dont see how the exhaust and intake manifolds are fitting the same in both engines, you need to up-grade the head engine gasket, ARP bolts, fuel management and LOTS LOTS of time in setting, i understand that this is a kit but its not that simple, specially on mercedes that everything has to be custom made, i have an excellent book named Maximum Boost, i will e-mail it to you if your thinking in doing your engine turbocharged. The rule says that if you have a car that is 3 Lts when you boost 14,7 psi (1 bar) youre engine transforms into a (3000cc X 1,6) 4,8 lt, which means that you have to feed more and better youre car with gasoline, at this point your intake, exhaust, cooling systems, doesent match the need of the engine, thats is when the engines got broken, per bad or poor settings.

·
Registered
300E Turbo
91 Posts
wow.....old thread alright lol.

You can run these kits on stock engines @ 5-7psi without a rebuild! Been done before. Tried & proven! That's only 250ish HP?

Head gaskets I believe (don't quote me) were better in later model M103's? The original M103's were terrible (gaskets)

There are members such as RYBCC that are running upwards to 400hp (don't quote me) on stock 2nd hand engines with 7psi for 10's of 1000's of miles with no hickups.

Absolutely correct though it's all about the AFM/engine management etc as with any turbocharged car. Especially due to stock CR.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts