Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, thought I would share the W164's are now at my dealership. They just arrived today amd I was able to check them out up close and get in them. They got about 9 of them and most were base base models with cloth seats starting at $38,000 and ranging up to the more loaded ML350's for $48,000. They didnt have ML500's though .. and they really dont do anything for me. My truck looks sooooo much better and beefier IMO. The new ML's kind of resemble the KIA more in person. Oh well ... I guess they may grow on me when they come with the sports package. So far though I'm still VERY happy with my truck.

·
Registered
2004 G500 (gone)
1,100 Posts
Agreed, except the new ML wil probably never grow on me. Hmmm..., I wonder when the next redesign is? [;)]

·
Registered
C55, 745Li, Elgrand
98 Posts
Actually I am starting to like the ML more. The more I look at it, the more I like it. The outside of the car afterall isn't that bad anymore.

One thing that I really miss about that car is the gearshifter in the center.

·
Registered
C55, 745Li, Elgrand
98 Posts
Oh yeh...MLOffROADER....I would agree with you that the car looks like those KIA...but let me show you this

http://www.symd.de/Fahrzeugdetails.65.0.html

This Korean car was developed with Mercedes co-operation. Seems like Benz is really going toward that direction

·
Registered
2020 MB GLE 450 4MATIC, 2015 BMW M4
2,117 Posts
MLOffRoad - 3/22/2005 5:45 PM

Hey guys, thought I would share the W164's are now at my dealership. They just arrived today amd I was able to check them out up close and get in them. They got about 9 of them and most were base base models with cloth seats starting at $38,000 and ranging up to the more loaded ML350's for $48,000. They didnt have ML500's though .. and they really dont do anything for me. My truck looks sooooo much better and beefier IMO. The new ML's kind of resemble the KIA more in person. Oh well ... I guess they may grow on me when they come with the sports package. So far though I'm still VERY happy with my truck.
Thanks for the heads up. In my experience wheels make the biggest difference in car. The MLs need beefier wheels/tires--275s or 285s. That, together with the appearance or AMG package in the irght colors will look very sharp.

·
Registered
06 ML350
71 Posts
MLOffRoad - 3/22/2005 8:45 PM

How could you see "$38,000�? On mbusa.com site MSRP (including destination) is $40,470.00
Was that an invoice? Am I missing something?

·
Registered
2007 GL320CDI
357 Posts
My dealer received his first one today. A ML500 in pewter. Will drive Thursday and report back.

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
aleveran - 3/23/2005 6:43 PM

MLOffRoad - 3/22/2005 8:45 PM

How could you see "$38,000�? On mbusa.com site MSRP (including destination) is $40,470.00
Was that an invoice? Am I missing something?
Not sure ... I remember seeing it at 38,000 ... I'll look again and let you know.

·
Registered
2020 MB GLE 450 4MATIC, 2015 BMW M4
2,117 Posts
BlackHawk - 3/24/2005 1:44 PM

MLOffRoad - 3/22/2005 5:45 PM
The new ML's kind of resemble the KIA more in person.
EXACTLY WHAT I SAID, I got flamed though, I even went as far as to post a side by side pic of the ML and the sorento
I'll still flame you :) --doesn't look like a Kia in the flesh! I must admit the Koreans are on a steep upward curve, though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts