Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told today when i went to the dealer to check on my order that the new ML 400 CDI will be available new year in the USA. Does anyone have data on this engine?

·
Registered
2020 MB GLE 450 4MATIC, 2015 BMW M4
2,117 Posts
Vasago - 5/7/2005 8:06 PM

I was told today when i went to the dealer to check on my order that the new ML 400 CDI will be available new year in the USA. Does anyone have data on this engine?
Maybe calendar year 2007 in the US, when low sulfur fuel becomes aailable. The 320CDI is for sure then.

"The direction in which the engineers at Mercedes-Benz are taking compression ignition engines is being shown in Geneva by the two diesel-powered roadsters that boast record performance figures. A new V8 engine generates 315 hp in the and provides the eight-cylinder’s crankshaft with an outstanding torque of 730 Nm. The 320CDI tri-turbo, meanwhile, can generate an impressive 286 hp and 630 Nm of torque from three litres of displacement (70.3 kW and 211 Nm per litre of displacement)(shown in the SLK).

The 400 CDI belongs to Mercedes-Benz’ third generation of CDI engines. To create this system, the engineers took the familiar four-litre V8 diesel and enhanced many of its components while also adding state-of-the-art piezo injectors, new turbochargers and an optimised water/charge-air cooling system. Taken together, all of these measures allow the engine to bring forth its power and torque in an even more harmonious fashion. Demonstrated in an SL, the SL 400 CDI accelerates from zero to 100 km/h in 5.8 seconds. As such, this diesel sports car justifiably bears the legendary letters SL." - Ultimatecarpage.com

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks again Greg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts