Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
82 240d
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are the new diesel models avaiable here in the us?if not, why not,I can never get a straight answer from anybody one person told me the diesel fuel is not good enough here. I don't belive it another told me it has to do with emissions and the like well thats a bunch of bs because there diesel pickuptrucks here and volkswagen offers diesel models here. the new hybreds are here and claim 45mpg roughly for a little crakerbox the new s320cdi gets about 45mpg and is top o the line pimp ride, they have refined diesels where they are almost sporty AMG BRABUS are a couple.any answers would be great. thanks

·
Registered
2002 E320W4
242 Posts
the reason there are no diesels in the US right now and for the past few years is due to...

the reason there are no diesels in the US right now and for the past few years is due to your wonderful state's politicians or CARB, in 2000. they said the daimler diesel was not clean enough to pass gasoline car emissions in that state. and if they can't sell the diesel in cal, they might as well not sell it anywhere else. the diesel will be back next year with the E-class and a very powerful V8 diesel. i think as much power as the E500.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts