Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
W210 E240T
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
last week i bought a 1983 300TD Turbo. It is an excellent example and I am extremely happy with it.
I am the third owner, and it comes with EVERY piece of paper that has ever had anything to do with the car, even back to notes of phone conversations between the original buyer and the sales guy when they were negotiating purchase.
However, after a weekend of driving and poking around in the car i have a few questions:
1. Does Haynes do a manual?
2. The turbo was installed here in Australia - the car has an STT Turbo badge added above the MB 'Diesel" badge right rear. Was this done elsewhere or a local thing?
3. Suspensionwise, has anyone added an aftermarket anti-roll bar to the front, or is it not encouraged? (It rolls quite a bit more than my W124). Or are upgraded shocks better?
4. There is a bit of 'slop' in the steering, about a 1/16th of a turn. Normal or cause to get out the spanners? I notice in the records that the steering box was adjusted regularly.
5. I have a few electrical idiosynchrosies and have been poking round with my multimeter. Are there any relays located anywhere other than the two in front of the fuses?

All suggestions welcome!
Chris.

·
Registered
240D
19 Posts
hi. welcome. sounds like a nice car. i can only confidently answer your first question:...

hi. welcome. sounds like a nice car. i can only confidently answer your first question: yes, there is a Haynes Manual for the car. I know there is a chiltons too, i got both with my car. hope you have many happy miles ahead!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.