Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
300TE 24V
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
full Msh with 25 stamps in the book, its pretty good condition it goes pretty well too :), im trying to get out of modern cars as the weak point is always dodgy sensors on the electronic side, ABS, air bag lights etc... and the poor build quality

·
Banned
1991 560sl / 1987 300TDT / 1995 E300D / 1994 S350D / 1993 300SD /Cummins Diesel PU /2 airplanes
861 Posts
Looks good! Classic lines on that car that make it look better than many later models.
Not a bad price either, nicely done.

·
Registered
1995 E320
2,548 Posts
European headlights on a pre facelift W124 is liking taking ugly glasses and big old braces of an ordinary looking girl, applying a little makeup, getting her hair done and then suddenly seeing her in a completely new light. Pun intended.

Nice wheels mate.

·
Registered
300TE 24V
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers, i bought the wheels the same day off Ebay, they have just had a sand blast and refurb brand new Goodyear tyres £180 for all four which was less than 4 x tyres alone, they are like new condition. I have had it a week and other than a few electrical problems traced to fuse's just needing a clean so they make a better contact all is well.. oh a bummer was on second day of ownership a got a stone chip on the windscreen which has cracked it right in the bottom corner on the drivers side :crybaby2:, but my classic car insurance will cover the cost of replacement for a £50 excess so i might get it replaced soon.

One little niggle is the speedo needle jumps a little at any speed under 20 mph tried resetting the odo at standstill a couple of times but it's still the same :surrender:.

·
Cruise Control
'87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
52,233 Posts
Other than coupes, I think that's the earliest non-V8 model 124 I've seen with Burlwood interior. Was the 24v offered as a distinctive up-market model in Europe, or was that car just built to the original owner's option specs?

·
Registered
300TE 24V
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now, you might be onto something here, as i was bought new by a multi millionaire (the owner of Numark Chemist Shop, a big chain in the UK) i was told he payed either
£79,000 or £89,000 for it.. he bought this and a G wagon brand new from Drayton mercedes. I do think that is too steep a price to be true, but i have seen people on here doing a check with VIN numbers as per the build type etc.. how do i do that.

I also think the 24v was more performance or upmarket than a 12v ? but im new to the Mercedes 124 and only picking up bits of info on here.

It's not very high spec no AC, no electric moveable of heated seats.
but has 4 x ew, ps, sun roof, central locking, alarm, centre arm rest, ABS.

The original owner from new has since died but the farther and son how bought it in 2008 had only done 2k miles since then and now i own it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts