Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

New Member questions...mirror, antenna, etc

989 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  cphilip 
#1 ·
Hi All! Found the site while googling for some answers to the below questions. I posted earlier today on the general forum and someone was kind enough to refer me to this one. I'll read through the other threads to try to glean some of this info - but in the meantime if anyone is up to offering up ideas, I'm listening!

1. Need a new dimming interior rearview mirror - apparently the 'glass' part is separating from the back and is very foggy - I only have a small oval left in the clear zone and there are 'waves' on it that look like water stains or something. Saw instructions on how to replace it once I get a replacement... debating on trying it -- female with tools might not be so good in my case. Recommendations on what to buy.... mercedes replacement, something else? Where to purchase?

2. Lens Cover - white/clear - the one on the passenger side - just covers a little amber light that blinks when I lock or unlock the car... came off somewhere down the line and I noticed it the other day. Again - where to buy some miniscule item like that - might be something I have to get from the dealer (mine sucks)...

3. Window stops - have had both sides repaired by someone other than Mercedes because my dealers only answer was a whole new window unit... seems there is a 'stop' that keeps the window from going up to far and thus sticking up higher than the rubber seal at the top of the window... then you get leakage when it rains and the door is hard to close. Well - the passenger one is doing it again... any knowledge - suggestions?

4. antenna... I bought my car used - seems the antenna wasn't functional - the car was it's own antenna! I just had the radio replaced and at the time, they put in a retracting antenna that I bought online (hated it once I saw it, but no time to return). The antenna lasted a week - now it stay up... not liking so much... suggestions on what to buy and where?

Any help is appreciated!

-leslie

See less See more
#2 ·
#4 ·
4. antenna... I bought my car used - seems the antenna wasn't functional - the car was it's own antenna! I just had the radio replaced and at the time, they put in a retracting antenna that I bought online (hated it once I saw it, but no time to return). The antenna lasted a week - now it stay up... not liking so much... suggestions on what to buy and where?
Here is a good thread on some antenna options: http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r170-slk-class/1236932-antennas.html?highlight=antenna. I'm still using the one like byebyeamericanpie is using and have been very happy with it. There are many threads discussing antennas, just search this forum on "antenna".

#5 · (Edited)
As to the little side blinkers....

I just ordered two of them from this place two days ago and they were sitting on my porch today. Very fast shipping. Both correct and MB marked parts. $9.25 each. About $25 shipped for both of them. It is just the lens, housing with its clips that hold them to the Car. Not the wiring and bulb. But is what you need

German Imported Parts -- Home (2001)

their part number (might even be MB number too?) is 210-820-0921

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.