Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Recently bought my dads ML320 V6 off of him and it is suffering a couple of electrical problems that I'm hoping someone might be able to help me with.

Firstly after a recent service including plugs, every now and then when first started it would misfire, this could be cured by switching off and then restarting again. After some discussion with various people it was suggested that it might be good idea to remove the battery terminals and leave it for half an hour then reconnect to reset all the modules.

Since doing this the car now misfires all the time and the BAS/ESP light is now on constantly!

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. I have searched the forum but can't find any specific information relating to this issue. :)

Cheers

Lee.

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
YEAR of truck and your LOCATION in the world?

BAS/ESP can be reset by turning steering wheel all the way to the left and then all the way to the right - Don't you have a truck manual? (This information is contained in there)

In relation to your other woes, the experts will chip in shortly but it is good advice to use an OBDII scanner to check for any stored codes to avoid possibly expensive conjecture and speculation.

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
Firstly after a recent service including plugs, every now and then when first started it would misfire, this could be cured by switching off and then restarting again
As an afterthought it sounds like you may have the following problems:

Incorrect installation of new spark plugs, ignition coils
Faulty new spark plugs
Faulty ignition coils/pack

·
Registered
657 Posts
Hi,

Recently bought my dads ML320 V6 off of him and it is suffering a couple of electrical problems that I'm hoping someone might be able to help me with.

Firstly after a recent service including plugs, every now and then when first started it would misfire, this could be cured by switching off and then restarting again. After some discussion with various people it was suggested that it might be good idea to remove the battery terminals and leave it for half an hour then reconnect to reset all the modules.

Since doing this the car now misfires all the time and the BAS/ESP light is now on constantly!

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. I have searched the forum but can't find any specific information relating to this issue. :)

Cheers

Lee.
Have the fault codes read is the first step you should take. Post the fault codes when you get them.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Did you buy spark plugs that need to be sized and not size them? Had that problem with my 2003 E500 a while back...sized all plugs and never happened again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts