Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Crossfire
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this post will get me run out or the room or not, but I don't own a Mercedes as such. However, I do believe it is fairly closely related to the R170, but it has a Chrysler nameplate, not the three pointed star. Obviously, my car is a 2005 Crossfire, which I do think is based on the SLK 320 - R170. Since my local Chrysler dealer wants nothing to do with my car, I thought I would check out this online community to see what the reaction was to questions from what is technically not a Mercedes Benz - but hey, it was made in Germany by Wilhelm Karmann, GmbH. Are these the same elves that make the SLK?

At anyrate, I love my car, spent two years before I found one with a six speed. Had 6,000 miles in 2006 when I bought it, now about 35,000. Starting to develop some minor problems that I was hoping to be able to discuss.

I am an engineer by training and a car nut by addiction. In addition to my Crossfire, vehicles owned range from the very small, several Mazda MX5's (street and race) to the very big, F350 crew cab, long bed duallie, to the sort of old and common, a 87 BMW 325is. Of course I shouldn't forget my 1959 Austin Healey Sprite, which lives in my barn in a general state of disassembly, along with several Triumph Spitfires, a Chevrolet Corvair, a couple of old Mustangs and a couple of Fiesta's, and last but not least, frames and parts for several Zink Z-10 Formula Fords.

As long as that list is, there is not a single MB in it. So, my question is, does the Crossfire count or do I need to move on?

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Welcome to Benzworld, not sure how to answer your question but someone will I am sure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts