Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1991 420 SEL W126
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here looking forward to veteran members educating me about my recently acquired 1991 420 SEL W126 only had her about two weeks now, she is a wonderful automobile and I enjoy driving her very much. She has had two previous owners. Currently she has 242424 miles on her and needs a little tlc although she has been setting for 6 months she has been well maintained til the a/c compressor locked up and she was parked. That happened before I got her. I am currently weighing my options for that repair. The problem that has me most perplexed is the alarm. It goes off without warning while driving so I have to keep the extra key in the door lock so I can quickly reach out the open window and turn the key to shut it off when it acts up. If any of you veteran members and owners of the W126 have had issues with alarms I would love to hear what the causes were and how you were able to remedy the problem. Looking forward to a long and educational relationship with you here as I plan on owning this car for many years she is a classic and I plan to eventually do a ground up resto. on her and show her locally in a car club at their shows. BTW the full size spare has never even been out of the spare compartment which amazes me considering her mileage. Look forward to hearing from you, Thanks in advance, Gary.

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts