Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Slk 230 2001 - 31,000 miles
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've just bought a 2001, SLK230, and wondered if anyone out there can give me some advice?
The central locking, won't lock or unlock the drivers door - it makes an electronic whirring noise like it wants to, but is stuck or something! Is it something that can be resolved by taking the door panel off and coercing it with a hammer or something?
Secondly, little bits of paint have come off parts of the interior plastic, leaving the original black - is it possible to get any touch up paint?
Great little car, that I am really keen to get sorted!
Any advice would be greatly welcomed.
Thanks
Andy

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
Welcome on board Andy, when you get a chance please update your avatar to include the area that you live and the year and model of your SLK. It often helps to give a better answer to any questions you might have.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers fellas, that's really helpful. I'm now going to try and download a service manual to assist me in taking the door panel off.
I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
2010 C200 CGI /W203/SLK230/W202/230E/280SE
3,301 Posts
Andy, do a search for 'door panels' - should get one with pics.

When you get the panels off, take the opportunity to reglue any loose clips/arm rest etc - will make your car much quieter

There are about 5 clips and the half of the door handle to clip off to get the bolts
The door panel lifts up when all is loosened

Good luck with it

Oberoi

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks

Thanks Oberoi,
Some greta instructions - I certainly wouldn't have considered a hidden screw behind the SRS panel - doesn't bear thinking about!
It is almost off - all the clips are done, but there seems to be some resistance around the door pull area. I'll check for more info.
Andy

·
Registered
2017 VW GTI Autobahn / (Gone) '02 SLK32 AMG
372 Posts
There is a screw behind the door hadle cover - you need to pop off the front to get to it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts