Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
3timesMBZ

Dear Mercedes Enthusiasts;

I am new to the site as a member but I have searched the site for repair/technical information in the past. I have 3 different MBZ models and like most of you, I do a lot of repairs myself if at all possible. This site has just been a terrific wealth of information and help recently when I needed to replace the ignition switch on my 1991 500SL. I thank everyone here that has supplied photos and information on the process to replace that ignition switch. I got that done and fortunately that solved the problem. Thanks again for such comprehensive information.

That car has less than 75,000 miles on it and suddenly there are many things wrong with it. I need to replace the radiator at some point. The ASR light goes on but I had a mechanic remove a part that activated the braking issue. The ignition switch went out and the AC blows cold air but only at the lowest blower setting. I think it must be the blower motor regulator.

I have just checked out Gadha's Fan Blower Strap Repair with terrific pictures! My next project will be the regulator and maybe adding some wire to the strap before it breaks? Thanks again.

Bob Hartman

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RI
52,804 Posts
Welcome to Benzworld

1 - 2 of 2 Posts