Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have had my 06 CDI for five years and 107,000 miles now and love it. Today I'm probably going to buy an 84 380SL. It has had the dual timing chain mod and seems to run and shift well. It is very original with good upholstery and dash. The drivers seat is soft and probably needs to be restuffed or rebuilt. The leather looks good and the original spare is still there with a new looking alloy. It has 169,000 miles showing but the odo is not working. It has a new soft top and a nice hardtop. It has been hit and repaired on the right rear quarter. I believe I can get it for $4,500. What do you think?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I passed on the 380SL. It seemed to need a little more than I care to deal with now. New motor mounts and AC service for sure. Also a valve ticking and a funny noise coming from the smog pump. I knew it would need a little work but that coupled with a new paint job (to include welding up the holes where they mounted a 560 type brake light and an extra antenna hole) was a bit much. I passed on an 83 with 5speed a few months back because of front end damage. I really hate that the 5speed car didn't work out.

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RI
52,804 Posts
Welcome to Benzworld

1 - 3 of 3 Posts