Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Am sure someone out there can give me some sound advice.... I have been told that my idler pulley kit on my A class 200 CDI needs replacing - it makes a loud ticking noise on and off. Other than the noise what would be the other signs that this needs replacing ? I have on 2 previous service occasions informed MB that the revs appear to be very high when coming downhill and it takes a long time before it changes down gears. Could this be related to the pulley kit ? On these occasions i have been told by MB that the car has been checked and nothing wrong. Yet now I've been told to replace the pulley kit and the car is now out of it's warranty - so this job will come with a £580 price tag attached !" needless to say i am trying to establish if the problem with the pulley kit was there all along ( as I suspect !) just wasn't making a noise at that time. Also does anyone else know if MB have a pproblem with the pulley kits in general as someone said to me they are aware that ' MB pulley kits are problamatic':bowdown:

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts