Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings from College Football's Title Town.

My name is Damon Stevenson and I'm the proud owner of a new 2012 E-Class 350, Diamond White, Almond and Burl Walnut, with Wood/Leather Steering Wheel (love the feel of the wood).

Most interesting thing I have noticed so far is concerning the internal gracenote database. I'm a huge KISS fan, and have every KISS album on my Iphone 4, with artwork. I have noticed that some of the artwork displays differently on the media interface than on the Iphone. For those who may not know, the KISS logo in Europe looks differnent than the U.S. logo (The two s's on the end look more like z's than lighting bolts.) They did this to avoid offending those that think the lighting bolts resemble too much the Nazi SS insignia. It is fascinating to me that on some of the albums, the artwork displays the European KISS logo rather than the one that is on my Iphone. Not quite sure how the Media Interface decides to pull the artwork from the gracenote database instead of the Iphone. Can anyone answer that? Or if not, can you tell me who to ask at Mercedes? People at the dealership don't have a clue, nor would I expect them to! Also aggravating is why purchased music on Iphone will not display artwork unless you go to many steps to outsmart it which I learned about on another forum.

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Welcome to Benzworld

1 - 3 of 3 Posts