Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Mercedes Benz 300D
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I am Sasi Gopal Menon from New Delhi, India. I am in the process of buying a 1989 300D as a second car for occasional drives within the city and also for long distance running on the constantly improving Indian highways.
I have joined this group to seek help and share my experiences in the process of acquiring and running my car.
Professionally, I am an Industrial Designer and educator who has forayed into the hospitality industry as a designer and landscape architect.
My interests include long distance driving across the vast Indian landscape, music of all kinds and reading.
Hope to have an active participation in this forum.
Best regards,
Sasi

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I visited India in Feb and though the roads have improved the drivers haven't.

I was shocked at the way there is flagrant disregard for traffic laws.
Overtaking was a scary experience.

Anyway I love the country its people and the culture and food.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1989 Mercedes Benz 300D
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum.

I visited India in Feb and though the roads have improved the drivers haven't.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
I completely agree with you. In fact, I still prefer to use some of the older highways which are slower, but safer than the high speed expressways, unsafe only due to the absolute disregard for traffic rules. What's interesting is that there is a sudden spurt in the number of privately operated 'toll roads' that connect smaller towns. These roads see less traffic as compared to the mega highways, pass through villages and are fabulously made.
Well, this is also the reason why I am looking at acquiring an old 300D. I can drive around at leisure on country roads that crisscross the subcontinent. I used to have a Peugeot 405 diesel that I have driven from the north of India to Kerala in the south (my home) through some absolutely picturesque countryside.
Any way, thanks for your post and hope to keep in touch!

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Welcome to Benzworld

1 - 4 of 4 Posts