Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

New Member...Anyone Heard of an AMG Schultz?

1084 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  crtfour
Hello,

This is my first post on this forum. I have recently purchased a 1984 190 sedan with an AMG body package, AMG badging and a 560 series V8 engine. The previous owner did not know much about the car, but called it an AMG Schultz. The guy claims that the car has about 400 horsepower. The car has only about 28,000 miles on it, but it has been sitting up for years. We finally got it running, although it still needs some tuning. I drove the car for the first time down the street and it feels very fast! I just wanted to find out more about this car. If anyone has any information, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you very much.

Robert Tessier
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
'85 2.3-16 '99 C280 '11 GLK350
4,803 Posts
Where to start . . . The 1984 model 190 was the first to be "tuned" by AMG and only availa...

Where to start . . . The 1984 model 190 was the first to be "tuned" by AMG and only available in Europe but possibly gray marketed in North America. The only engine available was the 2.3L 8 valve and AMG did some mild engine mods (camshaft) and cosmetic changes to the exterior and interior. The rear spoiler is just a urethane lip, not a wing. Schultz is another German company that made body kits and other accessories, along with BBS, Shaetz, Zender, and others. Brabus, Carlsson, Ottinger and AMG also shoe horned V-8's into the W201 in limited production models. I would suggest taking some pics and posting them somewhere if you need help identifying this particular car.

· Registered
Mercedes EVO 2
187 Posts
I can imagine its fast, with 400hp [:0][:0] Is your car red? I agree with MTI, a few pix...

I can imagine its fast, with 400hp [:0][:0] Is your car red? I agree with MTI, a few pix would be amazing!!! Only one place to talk about the
190E=> www.190revolution.net

· Registered
Mercedes EVO 2
187 Posts
I forogt to mention that that site talks about the 190E AMG 6 litre=> http://www.geociti...

I forogt to mention that that site talks about the 190E AMG 6 litre=> http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Boulevard/3949/

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the responses. The car is in a paint shop now, but I'll take pictures of it...

Thank you for the responses. The car is in a paint shop now, but I'll take pictures of it soon. The car is not red...it is black. I'll go over to the 190 site and post a message there.

Robert

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.