Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all. I am a brand new owner of a very low mileage 79 240D. This is my mother's car and is all original. I am looking for resources such as a good maintenance manual(s), repair guides, web sites, and advice for this car. I also own a 66 Corvette and am familiar with appropriate web sites, manuals, and such. Now I want to do the same for this car. Since I do all of my own work, I thought that this site would be a good place to start. I am open to all suggestions and information.<br>Thanks,<br>Gary

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Congratulations and welcome to Cloud 9!!<p>For maintenance, service manuals, go to www.alldata.com and get a CD manual. Very informative and really helped me a lot in some DIY jobs.<p>I don't have my links list with me as it is at home. I will get back to you on that. Happy motoring and again congratulations.<p>Texas280<p>: Hello to all. I am a brand new owner of a very low mileage 79 240D. This is my mother's car and is all original. I am looking for resources such as a good maintenance manual(s), repair guides, web sites, and advice for this car. I also own a 66 Corvette and am familiar with appropriate web sites, manuals, and such. Now I want to do the same for this car. Since I do all of my own work, I thought that this site would be a good place to start. I am open to all suggestions and information.<br>Thanks,<br>Gary<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, and welcome!<p>I think you should check with the original MB mailing list (Dave Lefevre's). The website is:<p>www.bga.com/~drl/mercedes.htm<p>From there, you'll find a lot of info on your Benz. Also, one of the best source for parts is The Benz Bin (www.thebenzbin.com).<p>You should have the maintenance manuals (on CDROM), that you can get thru MBNA.<p>Hope this helps.<p><br>: Hello to all. I am a brand new owner of a very low mileage 79 240D. This is my mother's car and is all original. I am looking for resources such as a good maintenance manual(s), repair guides, web sites, and advice for this car. I also own a 66 Corvette and am familiar with appropriate web sites, manuals, and such. Now I want to do the same for this car. Since I do all of my own work, I thought that this site would be a good place to start. I am open to all suggestions and information.<br>Thanks,<br>Gary<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to both of you. I will be checking these sites tonight. However, why is a CD better than a book or manual that can opened and laid out on the fender or workbench? I am not electronically challenged but it seems that the service manuals and repairs guides in standard printed format might be easier to use.<br>Gary

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The nice thing about the CD is you can search for anything you need. Although book format is good, it's hard to search for a specific thing you want fix/replace. <p>Happy motoring.<p>Texas280<p>: Thanks to both of you. I will be checking these sites tonight. However, why is a CD better than a book or manual that can opened and laid out on the fender or workbench? I am not electronically challenged but it seems that the service manuals and repairs guides in standard printed format might be easier to use.<br>Gary<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
: Hello to all. I am a brand new owner of a very low mileage 79 240D. This is my mother's car and is all original. I am looking for resources such as a good maintenance manual(s), repair guides, web sites, and advice for this car. I also own a 66 Corvette and am familiar with appropriate web sites, manuals, and such. Now I want to do the same for this car. Since I do all of my own work, I thought that this site would be a good place to start. I am open to all suggestions and information.<br>Thanks,<br>Gary<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
: Hello to all. I am a brand new owner of a very low mileage 79 240D. This is my mother's car and is all original. I am looking for resources such as a good maintenance manual(s), repair guides, web sites, and advice for this car. I also own a 66 Corvette and am familiar with appropriate web sites, manuals, and such. Now I want to do the same for this car. Since I do all of my own work, I thought that this site would be a good place to start. I am open to all suggestions and information.<br>Thanks,<br>Gary<p><p>Gary,<p>Try www.mercedesshop.com. I think you will find what you're looking for.<p>Good luck,<br>Larry Bible<br>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.