Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
-----'83 280 SL----- 5 speed....The PIG
29,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ding Dong!....goes the door bell.

There's a stranger standing there introducing himself saying he know's my neighbor as my neighbor is his Postie.

He had seen The Pig around the area and wanted to talk to me about it. One of his favorite cars.

But he had to settle for a CLK 320 that his wife bought him for his birthday!

We had a nice chat, had a coffee together and then he brought me out to an old chicken farm whose owner now rents out the barn as cold storage for 80 or so cars. First come first serve $300 for 6 months / $600 for a year. Secluded and secure.

I'm probably going to put the PIG in the chicken coop for the winter along side his car....Mrelbe is interested as well.

On the way back home we swapped cars....his is form fitting, comfy and sporty.

Mine....well the top goes down........

Attachments

·
Premium Member
'72 350SL, '85 300D, '98 E320, '19 Subaru Outback (sold '14 GLK250)
10,340 Posts
Good story!

There ia house near us that has a nice looking W123 CD (diesel coupe) parked outside every summer. I have never seen it driven. They have two other cars. Looks like they just push it out of garage in Spring and back in in Fall.

I never see anyone there and have thought of ringing the doorbell, but resisted. Maybe if I had another garage or a $300/yr chicken coop I might ask if it is for sale :)

But I already have one W123 that I can't use because the ignition key won't turn! Maybe I should post a warning about that because same thing can happen on 107s.

·
29,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was quite a "meet a new friend" week for me.

The house directly on the corner of my street...5 doors up...was just built las summer. I finally met the guy who lives there. I was bold enough to walk up his driveway and introduce myself as he was working on a weekend warrior racecar. Him and his buddies go racing at the local track and just have fun with it.
So curious as I was....I had to see.

Turns out we have quite a bit in common. Good for me....I'll need to nurture this relationship as he is putting in a 4 post lift!

·
29,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I met another neighbor down the street who seemed to be working on an engine.

I walked up the driveway and introduced myself to a really friendly, happy Newfie who just happened to be rebuilding a 454 engine for his boat.

12 beers later I made it home!

The next day he felt obligated to pull the last 2 pistons out that he installed in my presense to make sure he had the rings on correctly...and re-check all the main bolt torques.

Damn beer.

·
Registered
'71 250, '78 450SLC 5.0, '78 450SL, '81 380SLC 5.6, '89 260E, '15 Kia Sorento
5,269 Posts
Ya'll sure are friendly. Here we would wonder what the hell you were doing out in this heat and humidity.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts