Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

481 - 500 of 502 Posts

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
-----'83 280 SL----- 5 speed....The PIG
29,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #481
Things are moving along at a better clip, now.

·
29,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #483
And....on my way here to post I stopped for milk. Here's the fucking car that pulled in behind me 5 seconds after I got into my truck....one second no car....the next second
BOOM!
I love my trailer hitch......my truck is fine.....the 1 year old mazda not so much.

·
29,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #484
Ho hum.

Not doing so good up here.
Last week a parking ticket on a dirt road in front of my lot....moved for a crane to enter.....$108
And a ticket because I had a plastic protector on my licence plate....$64
Now.....a car accident.

·
Registered
1987 300SL
300 Posts
Ho hum.

Not doing so good up here.
Last week a parking ticket on a dirt road in front of my lot....moved for a crane to enter.....$108
And a ticket because I had a plastic protector on my licence plate....$64
Now.....a car accident.
Take you a lot longer to become a local. Lots of finger pointing 🖕😉

·
Registered
'72 450SL, 107.044-12-000422
326 Posts
Take you a lot longer to become a local. Lots of finger pointing
Yeah, not a very warm welcome. Those tickets are chicken shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1983 380 SL
3,187 Posts
A parking ticket in front of your own lot and a ticket for having a plastic cover on your license plate? Wow... that is low... how far North did you go?

·
Premium Member
1983 380SL, 2000 S430, 1991 420SEL (retired) - RHD
5,789 Posts
Maybe a couple of cartons of Labatt 50 to the cop shop at Christmas time would help unruffle things, or are there special parking police for out of towners?

·
Registered
2005 SLK350, 91 300SL with Pano Top, 04 S500, 2015 Tesla Model S
2,094 Posts
We concluded that a nasty neighbour who did not like construction noise called the fuzz because that road is infrequently patrolled.

·
Premium Member
1983 380 SL
3,187 Posts
We concluded that a nasty neighbour who did not like construction noise called the fuzz because that road is infrequently patrolled.
Could be... but it was the cop who wrote the tickets.. My how times have changed. I come from a family of cops,and firemen and I can't imagine any of them doing something like that.

·
Premium Member
1986 560SL with M120 V12 Engine, 1988 560SL Stock
10,668 Posts
Sorry to hear about you bad luck. But the house is looking good. Don't let it get you down. I know what hell looks like. It looks like a fried main wire harness 700 miles form home. You are not in hell yet.

Carry on my friend.

·
29,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #495
Only 2 car garage where are we all going to park , not on that dirt road lol. Looks like a road trip in future. looking great love all those windows in back .sending good luck from here pal.
Long driveway 2.5 cars wide. I can accommodate about 20 cars......like that's ever going to happen with you lot.
LOL
So fear not Encompass......you will have prime parking.....I'll even Valet it myself.

·
29,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #496
Could be... but it was the cop who wrote the tickets.. My how times have changed. I come from a family of cops,and firemen and I can't imagine any of them doing something like that.
Seriously. Bullshit tickets.

·
29,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #498
Not many physical changes to show.
Plumbing is roughed in, HVAC roughed in and electrical started.
Framers still haven't finished interior divisions which is holding up the electricians.
I swear to God those fucking framers have delayed me at least a month with their sporadic activity.
HOWEVER......windows and doors are still on backorder so is there really a panic?
Mapping the electrical with the electrician used up a lot of brain cells and now 2 days later I want to move a few things.

·
Premium Member
1986 560SL with M120 V12 Engine, 1988 560SL Stock
10,668 Posts
Not many physical changes to show.
Plumbing is roughed in, HVAC roughed in and electrical started.
Framers still haven't finished interior divisions which is holding up the electricians.
I swear to God those fucking framers have delayed me at least a month with their sporadic activity.
HOWEVER......windows and doors are still on backorder so is there really a panic?
Mapping the electrical with the electrician used up a lot of brain cells and now 2 days later I want to move a few things.
About what I have come to expect from contractors these days. Actually it seems like your ahead of the curve. As far as the electrical, I came to the conclusion a long time ago that thinking and reworking is progress.

·
Premium Member
1983 380 SL
3,187 Posts
About what I have come to expect from contractors these days. Actually it seems like your ahead of the curve. As far as the electrical, I came to the conclusion a long time ago that thinking and reworking is progress.
Unreliable contractors is the reason I do all my own work, well, that and I'm cheap (frugal).

481 - 500 of 502 Posts