Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

201 - 220 of 279 Posts

·
Premium Member
1983 380SL, 2000 S430, 1991 420SEL (retired) - RHD
5,367 Posts
Ya gotta be careful that " fuck all "activity doesn't add to your waistline and unnecessary wardrobe expense.

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
-----'83 280 SL----- 5 speed....The PIG
29,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
Ya gotta be careful that " fuck all "activity doesn't add to your waistline and unnecessary wardrobe expense.
Ah....but the treadmill and the exercise bike are in front of the tv. I did 15 kms watching Better Call Saul yesterday!

·
Registered
Now: 14 E350 Coupe; 86 560SL Then: 73 280SEL 4.5; 80 300SD; 82 300SD; 98 E350; 08 GL320; 11 E350
1,053 Posts
Chris,

Congratulations on your retirement. You've worked hard for this. Enjoy!

Cheers,

·
Registered
1973 450 SL
1,916 Posts
Nobby,

Congratulations on your retirement . . . instead of watching Saul from the treadmill, use that free time to travel to ABQ with Nobette. Les & I will get you thawed out and show you "The Land of Enchantment".

·
29,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
Nobby,

Congratulations on your retirement . . . instead of watching Saul from the treadmill, use that free time to travel to ABQ with Nobette. Les & I will get you thawed out and show you "The Land of Enchantment".
LOL. Love to....alas, starting next week it's pedal to the metal. 2020 will be a busy year for a retired guy.

And I finally start volunteering at the homeless shelter on Friday. Been waiting a long time for this.....but my formal schedule prevented me from doing it earlier.

Thanks for the offer....I WILL take you up on that in the future. :):)

·
Registered
1987 560 SL, 1990 300E 4Matic
506 Posts
So, has being retired sunken in yet? I remember it taking 2-3 weeks of reminding myself that I was retired, and not on vacation. I kept finding myself falling back into trying to get things done around the house before having to go back to work. Working rotating shifts, not having to set a wake up alarm didn't seem any different either.

·
29,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
So, has being retired sunken in yet? I remember it taking 2-3 weeks of reminding myself that I was retired, and not on vacation. I kept finding myself falling back into trying to get things done around the house before having to go back to work. Working rotating shifts, not having to set a wake up alarm didn't seem any different either.
Nah....hasn't sunk in. I usually take 3 weeks vacation in a row, anyways...which for me was 32 days. So....ask me in a month. :)

I do dwell on my "loss" of crew camaraderie.......But I'll get over it with time.

·
29,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
And I finally start volunteering at the homeless shelter on Friday. Been waiting a long time for this.....but my formal schedule prevented me from doing it earlier.
First shift yesterday...1530 to 2130.
20200207_152214.jpg 20200207_152226.jpg

·
Registered
1986 560SL
47 Posts
Nobby, keep me in the loop on how you are going to layout your garage. I am just finishing a new home and have a big box to fill. Have to layout what is going where, cars, TV fridge coaches etc.

·
29,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
Nobby, keep me in the loop on how you are going to layout your garage. I am just finishing a new home and have a big box to fill. Have to layout what is going where, cars, TV fridge coaches etc.
LOL. I'm not sure, either.

Plan A:

Daily parked in the left bay. The PIG parked in the right bay...hopefully where the lift will be.
Garage is 30' deep so....tools , bench, cabinets back there.

I won't need to spend any time in there casually when I'll have a deck looking out over the lake and a dock ON the lake.

It should be pretty easy.....but a totally different configuration than I've ever had as this will be the biggest garage I've ever had.

·
Registered
1986 560SL
47 Posts
LOL. I'm not sure, either.

Plan A:

Daily parked in the left bay. The PIG parked in the right bay...hopefully where the lift will be.
Garage is 30' deep so....tools , bench, cabinets back there.

I won't need to spend any time in there casually when I'll have a deck looking out over the lake and a dock ON the lake.

It should be pretty easy.....but a totally different configuration than I've ever had as this will be the biggest garage I've ever had.
This one is a little bigger than the last one, 30 x 47 instead of 25 x 40. I need to layout it out well as it needs to be a good work garage and it will also be a destination. Right now its a ballroom. One of the last larger parties we had, 1/3 of the guests stayed in the garage most of the party.Very happy about it. Car blah blah blah is better than other types of blah blah blah.

Attachments

·
Registered
1987 560SL (L.Tonk) [92,700 miles]
284 Posts
I assume it will be insulated and heated so you may find refuge there in the winter months? I’m seeing a cigar nook stocked with fine whiskeys ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1986 560SL
47 Posts
I assume it will be insulated and heated so you may find refuge there in the winter months? I’m seeing a cigar nook stocked with fine whiskeys ...

Insulated and heated is a yes. I don't have Nobby's lake view so I will be stuck in my garage. The cigars and whiskey sound like a good option.

·
29,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
This one is a little bigger than the last one, 30 x 47 instead of 25 x 40. I need to layout it out well as it needs to be a good work garage and it will also be a destination. Right now its a ballroom. One of the last larger parties we had, 1/3 of the guests stayed in the garage most of the party.Very happy about it. Car blah blah blah is better than other types of blah blah blah.
Ha!

I'm playing pond hockey....and you're in the NHL.
LOL.

·
29,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #215

I do like cigars. Alas, I'm a fair weather cigar smoker.
Although, a couple of family members might be in the garage over the Xmas holidays smoking cigarettes or cannabis.
Do I HAVE to ensure their comfort???:)

·
Registered
1986 560SL
47 Posts
I do like cigars. Alas, I'm a fair weather cigar smoker.
Although, a couple of family members might be in the garage over the Xmas holidays smoking cigarettes or cannabis.
Do I HAVE to ensure their comfort???:)
Who needs comfort when you have shinny cars and beverages.

·
29,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
So....I received my building permits a week ago. Couple days later cut the 32 biggest trees down that were in the way. 1 day later got my quote for the project....pretty much came in on budget.

UNTIL the sales tax was added. I am now 80K over budget.

Covid 19 has wiped out 30% of my investments currently so I am not touching that for seed money. I now need to sell one of my houses and wait for it to close before proceeding with the build.

House on the market tomorrow....but people are getting laid off left right and center.

Nobby is in the PERFECT first world storm.

Ho hum.

201 - 220 of 279 Posts