Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1983 300 sd
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Great site you have here. I just recentley purchased a 1983 300 sd and am in love:) I bought it from a older gentlemen who maintained it perfectley and never drove it in the winter, the original paint is pristine. New glow plugs ,fuel injecters ,exhaust system ,brakes etc etc etc 3000 miles ago. I have reciepts from the owner totaling over 13 k the 20 plus years he owned it. The car has 160 k and I am looking for advice on how to maintain this vehicle. The only issues I have are the tach and cruise control work intermititley and needs passenger mirror everything else seems fine. When I first got it it had no power so I put new fuel filters in it and what a difference that made it runs excellent now and hasn't used any oil in 3000 k. Would anyone have a idea on how much its worth ?I paid 2800 dollars and think I got a steal? My friends think I should sell it for a profit but I am not interested in selling it its my new baby:D Any help and all info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you Jim

·
Premium Member
2002 CLK 430 Convt. '91 420 SEL, '80 240D, '93 190E Sportline, '70 300 SEL 6.3
1,555 Posts
Welcome to benzworld, walleyed reaming! I have two good suggestions for you. One, update your personal "profile" to include your year and model of vehicle. That way, other readers can quickly see what you drive and where you're from. Second, go to the W116 section, it is located farther down from the "General" section. There you will find a wealth of info specifically to your model car! I'm sure you will enjoy it.

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts
^^^small correction to the above, as an '83 it's actually a W126 car, (not W116) so questions should specifically asked there (the W126 section of Benzworld). Another great place is the Diesel discussion section of MercedesShop - Mercedes Benz Parts and Technical Information. You will find some general maintenance tips for the car in the "Buyer's guide" section of this site: Welcome to MB Coupes!

I have the gas powered coupe of this series, and really like it.

You got a good price for the car, and the 300SD you have is probably the toughest and most durable of ANY of the cars in that line. With luck and care, it should last for hundreds of thousands of miles.

They are really comfortable and safe cars. Also, they are "mechanic friendly", ie the Mercedes engineers built them so that they would be easy for people to work on them.

Congrats, you will love owning this car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts