Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1989 300 TE
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my car today but only one key. Can anyone tell me how much it will cost to have a dup. cut at the dealership for an 89 Wagon?

·
Registered
1995 E320
2,513 Posts
mine cost 35 at the dealer last year. you need to take your title and a form of ID. takes about a week.

prices will vary by dealer.

when i called them they told me 35, when i got there, they tried to tell me it was 65. i said "nuh uh, 35 is what you told me," they capitulated.

·
Registered
2006 S500 AMG Wifes Rig Hillbilly Girl 02 ML320
2,332 Posts
It cost me $17 from the Asheville dealer! Took in my title with the vin# and they just mailed me a new key which BTW fits!![:D][:D][:D][:D]

Smokie

·
Registered
2006 S500 AMG Wifes Rig Hillbilly Girl 02 ML320
2,332 Posts
The keys are laser cut keys! There are few and far between locksmiths that laser cut keys! If you did find one I would bet by the time you bought the blank found someone to cut it for you it would be cheaper and faster to to go to the dealer! BTW I am no big fan of MB dealers but sometimes it does payoff![;)][;)][;)]

Smokie

·
Registered
'93 300E 2.8L
211 Posts
A126-760-10-06
Master Key for w124 up to end '95

Costs $29.00 plus applicable sales tax in your area (US)

That is what MBUSA (MB Manhattan) charges.

Those keys on ebay are a fraud and will not work. No MB dealer will take that key and laser cut it - due largely in fact that all we do here is place an order after verifying identification and send that info to our key headquarters in Texas to be cut or programmed. The keys are then sent back to the appropriate dealer and the process takes about 3 business days. Sometimes 1-2 days if you come and order early enough.

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
i talked to the guy there... and he said that he can try to trace it , but that it was not 100% sure that it will work. are the dimensions correct? in what ways are those keys ( ebay one that i posted ) a fraud?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I went to a locksmith last week he made a new key for my 88 300e took 5 min. cost 25.00.Don't bother going to a key cutter, I think most locksmiths can do it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts