Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1993 S600 Lorinser
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all,

I have had my beloved 600sel in the shop getting the tranny rebuilt and sadly someone in the shop misplaced the key. A new one was ordered, which has the IR lock/unlock (like my old key did).

The question is - how to you make the new one pair up with the car? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
SEC 600 V12 2dr COUPE (RHD) One of the chosen few.
2,233 Posts
Ok.. this is how,from the boot unlock window, press the button on the fob for a couple of secs... now unlock or lock the drivers door, must be done within 30 secs...Hope this helps

·
Registered
1995 Silver S-320
681 Posts
boot...fob??? what do these mean. sorry in advance if its really simple and it just went over my head

·
Registered
SEC 600 V12 2dr COUPE (RHD) One of the chosen few.
2,233 Posts
MaximRick said:
boot...fob??? what do these mean. sorry in advance if its really simple and it just went over my head
oops sorry, of course you are not english.. Boot= trunk to you... Fob is the key assembly.. the window is the place where the red or green leds are...Hope this is clearer... English and Canadian.. Two nations divided by a common language

·
Registered
2005 E55 Designo
888 Posts
Lemme know what the tranny drop sets you back...Im next in line with a tranny leak & refresh due. Im tired of putting a cardboard under my car every night.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts