Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
"500"sel, 560sec
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took me about an hour and it killed my crappy little dremel but its all on and produces more midrange then stock, although dont go out and change your systems until ive done a dyno test with the new and with the old system ill post on the 1st of april with the results.
Also ive added two resonators which has given me a lot more up the rev range, again Ill compare with last months dyno.

Plus Ive added a oil catch can with breather for peace of mind and because I think it looks cool.
You kiwis will notice the "No. 8" style with the mounting but its only temporary as is going to be used on the 119.

sorry guys the pc's not co-operating at the moment ill try the pics tommorrow[:(]

·
Registered
2012 CLS550 and 2016 GLC300
143 Posts
Hey!

I am looking forward to pics...[8)]

Mark

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
If you can't post pics here I'll be glad to host them on my site..just shoot them over on my gmail:)

Look forward to seeing what you have come up with..!

Jonathan

·
Registered
"500"sel, 560sec
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[No message]

·
Registered
"500"sel, 560sec
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jonothan Ive sent you an email with the pics and added a pic of my new EURO plates, big improvement there

·
Registered
"500"sel, 560sec
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[No message]

·
Registered
'91 560SEC
940 Posts
Looks cool! [8D]

I assume that you're not still using the air filter in the airbox?? Do you see any significant gains??

·
Registered
"500"sel, 560sec
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks jonothan for posting the pics

The filter provides a notiible gain around 3000 with the resonators giving higher torque (or seems to) around 5000.
Previously I only had one muffler (straight through) on each pipe, the pipes are 2.5" each from the manifold back.
I have removed the filter from the airbox and have a bit of pantyhose over the smaller snorkel to keep out the bigger particles until I find a suitible filter, probably wont find one though as its going into the shop on the 3rd of april for the big conversion.
Once thats done the location where the new filter is will go back to being the oil cooler postion as I already have a intake system for the 119 that takes air from the high pressure zone in front of the windscreen nascar style. All in all Im going to have a freakin fast 126 .

P.S did a 0-100kmph last night and got 6 seconds no shit

400hp engine 245 tyres and a 3.07 diff should get me 5 second 0-100

I will be documenting the whole process like satish did as I reckon it will be different

P.P.S to anyone in NZ as of mid april ill have the intake mod I have now up for grabs if any of u are keen

·
Registered
Smoke Silver '87 560SEC, Black Pearl '87 560SEL
4,590 Posts
THAT's the answer to how I'm going to get air into the LS6! The LSx series engine has a front intake and no easy way to hook up an air filter in the SEC.

This will work just fine!

Mike R.

·
Registered
560/sel/sec/Jag XJS
1,930 Posts

HAHAHHAHAHHA..what I lack in H&R instalation I make up in BW posting.

·
Registered
300SD
227 Posts
Is the filter going to get soaked with water in wet and rainy conditions? That is the first thing I thought of based on where it is located. I don't know, you tell me.

·
Registered
300SD
227 Posts
Is the filter going to get soaked with water in wet and rainy conditions? That is the first thing I thought of based on where it is located. I don't know, you tell me.

·
Registered
"500"sel, 560sec
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I took that into consideration when I bought the filter and how far I mounted it back from the bumper and as you can see the sheild behind it keeps water from the wheel getting to it. In saying that it could still get a little wet thats why its a K&N that ive oiled up, what I really would like to have done was get a cold air box to completely seal the filter in and mount that in the engine compartment with the pipe extending down to a scoop made out of the spotlight hole and a bit of carbonfibre. But the engine is coming out in a few weeks and there wasnt really any point for me to do this except wanting to see how far I could "improve" the 117 without blowing big bucks on it.

P.S cheers MBZER my pc still wont post pictures[xx(]

·
Registered
"500"sel, 560sec
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
aaha I beat it into submission now you will post my pics biatch hehe[:D]

Attachments

·
Registered
"500"sel, 560sec
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Heres what I got up to today, its copied from nomadas modification so i cant claim it. took it for a spin response is a bit better but because I had my straight pipes in I think ill feel a better change back with the mufflers.
What Im going to do though is take 4 runs on the dyno in april so I can give all you guys who are itching for a performance upgrade a definate answer.
It'll be like this:
#1: standard factory setup as a control
#2: standard airbox hooked up to new intake method
#3: nomadas setup hooked up to new intake method
#4: dunno you get two runs per appointment (@ $60 each) so maybe some of you guys can give me an idea.

I hope to have a conclusion so I can give you guys a parts list and instructions for the best method.
I was thinking another run with everything standard to give an average factoryish number.

Ther are pics of my smoked corners and rear lights and Ive taken that middle reflector off

Attachments

·
Registered
'91 560SEC
940 Posts
lander, that is an awesome car!!!

intake setup looks really nice too, maybe for that fourth dyno you could run it without anything, no filter, airbox, etc... just too see

·
Always Remembered. RIP.
'85 500SEL
1,829 Posts
Yes, your car looks pretty amazing
How about putting a big grin on our faces by showing more of it

1 - 20 of 79 Posts