Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1997, SLK 200
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 3 button HVAC controller, since I only have 2 buttons now. Looking for an aircon upgrade in the future, so thought I could start with buying this piece. Problem is that the plug in the back (new hvac) is much larger than the one I have in the car.

Is it possible to fix this in some way? May there be an adapter or something? I want the Back window heater and REST buttong to work, but EC button will not be at any good untill later.

·
Registered
SLK320, MKV Jetta TDI, Mini Cooper S, Lincoln Mark LT
1,712 Posts
Myzt said:
Bought a 3 button HVAC controller, since I only have 2 buttons now. Looking for an aircon upgrade in the future, so thought I could start with buying this piece. Problem is that the plug in the back (new hvac) is much larger than the one I have in the car.

Is it possible to fix this in some way? May there be an adapter or something? I want the Back window heater and REST buttong to work, but EC button will not be at any good untill later.
Off hand I would say no. There is more to the system than just a different control module in the dash.

·
Registered
Golf R32 / Prev R170 SLK
6,821 Posts
Correct.
Just a note, The white axles (which are right rbastards to line up again) are often found to be broken. This makes the unit respond incorrectly, ie, vents and fan issues.
If you remove the unit wipe silican sealer arond the flexible part to strengthen it.
Later units have two differences, CV joint in that spot and a larger case with the plug on the side. Later ones are interchangeable with early. (202 in lieu 170)

MYZT you are correct about the common plug.

1998 Wiring Diag

Bazzle

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts