Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1250v
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to say hi and thank everyone for all the great info on here. I recently bought Vons 1250 and have started the process of learning about unimog mechanics. My shop manual is on order, and working with out it this forum has answered most of my questions. I'm sure I will be bugging everyone with new challenges soon.

Thanks

Ben

·
Registered
1988 U1300L RW1 Working gears Dual Tanks AC Rigged for Camping Plus: 91 F250 HD 4x4
187 Posts
I'm sure I will be bugging everyone with new challenges soon.
Ben
Seems you are going in with eyes open and aware. Good on you, and have fun with the new toy.

Lee

·
Registered
1976 406 w/ backhoe and dozer blade, a small collection of implements too
1,416 Posts
Greetings,

Where abouts are you? I seem to recall Von making comment that this truck went to New Hampshire, and with NHBen as you're handle, I'm hoping that is true.

We have a good bunch in this neck of the woods (I'm in southern Maine FWIW) and MassMog is not too far away, twice a year. A excellent crew there.

Welcome.

·
Registered
1250v
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Britbike,

I'm in south west nh. I have only seen a few mogs around, but I'm glad there a bunch in the area.

Thanks

Ben

·
Registered
1250v
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you, Nothing specific yet. there is quite a list of mechanical things to get fixed, once thats all done I will add the dump cylinder and start building 3 point hitches for it.
It seems like a good truck to pull a small log trailer, and run a brush hog on.

Thanks
Ben

·
Registered
1250v
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I emailed with him briefly when I was starting my search, he was very helpful.

It's really fun seeing all you unimog owners in new england.

Thanks
Ben

1 - 10 of 10 Posts