Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace my stock headunit in my 89' SL 560 due to problems with the cassette player. Does anyone have instructions on how to take out the stock HU and install a new one? Thanks.

·
Registered
560SL
28 Posts
you need to buy the removal hooks, i think available at your mbnz dealer, or crutchfield...

you need to buy the removal hooks, i think available at your mbnz dealer, or crutchfield or performance products. these hooks should slide into the side of the head unit. before you do that, you should remove all the dash pieces( climate control). to do this remove the ashtray, disconnect the power wire to the cigarete lighter. there are two screws behind the ashtray, remove them. there are a couple more sets of screws readily visibly. remove those, the climate control wood piece should slide out now and be hanging just from the wires. the factory radio has an alarm function built in, so when you put in the hooks and the radio is coming out, if you care for this old useless radio that is, feel for a clip on the back on the head unit you must hold this clip down and make sure it does not snap or get disconnected from the head unit. carefully slide the head unit out. as for the remaining wires, good luck, but this is it for head unit removal, should take 30 min.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts