Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got these bulbs from Daniel Stern Lighting and they make a huge difference!!

I was a big SilverStar fan since they came out... but they didn't really help that much in the C230... so I did some research and a couple people in the W210 area like these bulbs so I tried them.

They are super bright and super focused... not "blue-white" like others... They are rated at 2100 lumens (normal bulbs are about 1400-1500 lumens)... they run at 65W (stock are 55W) with no bulb out warning lamp... I have checked the wiring after driving for an hour with them on and nothing seems to be wrong (I was worried that the extra 10W would damage wiring, but DS said it wouldn't affect anything at all). His statement to me: "The extra 10w is of no consequence as far as electrical power or heat --
those 80w to 100w bulbs are a different story"

I'd say they are worth the money... it's been clear out since I put them in but it is supposed to rain tonight so I will see how much better they are in the rain than the SS Ultras I had.

Here's a link to the bulbs: Osram Rallye 65w Ultra High Output H7 Special-Service Bulb

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes... they are clear... the PIAA's are blue coated which cut down on the light output tremendously.

Take a look at this site and read about the colored bulbs... pretty interesting: Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply

·
Registered
203 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts