Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 C 280 Sport
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put my Sony head unit I have in my 1995 C 280 with the stock 8 speaker Bose system. I never could get a straight answer about this though. I am wonder whether I need a signal adjuster, such as one that a company like Soundgate makes, or can I just get the VW/Audi harness and be done with it?

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
I want to put my Sony head unit I have in my 1995 C 280 with the stock 8 speaker Bose system. I never could get a straight answer about this though. I am wonder whether I need a signal adjuster, such as one that a company like Soundgate makes, or can I just get the VW/Audi harness and be done with it?
Sheesh... STRAIGHT ANSWER (I've answered this many times I think):

Get a VW/Audi harness. Wire in TWO stereo line level converters. You're done.

OR (if your head unit has high power preamp outputs, like the 4V ones out these days):

Get a VW/Audi harness. Hook the PREAMP OUTPUTS from the Sony deck to the SPEAKER WIRES on the ISO (VW/Audi) harness. You're done.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE... don't ask this again. [:)]
(I'll give you a nickel!)

-s-

·
Registered
1999 C 280 Sport
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I won't ask again, I promise! Thanks Scorchie, I know this stuff gets annoying, but I did...

I won't ask again, I promise! Thanks Scorchie, I know this stuff gets annoying, but I did searches and found only confusion cause the answers don't come in sucession, so you have to read an entire three threads to get a convoluted answer on this subject. Know I can just debate over whether I should do it with myself![:D]

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
Do it yourself! With the right stuff out there these days, it's pretty simple. It's no...

Do it yourself! With the right stuff out there these days, it's pretty simple. It's not the horror story that most audio installers would have you believe.

GOod luck!

-s-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts