Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
E300
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just installed a new set of Philips Diamond Vision 5000K globes on my primary headlamps. Now I'm thinking of installing another set on my secondary headlamps. You think I should do it? If I do, it'll look like the headlamps of the new AMG E63. Check out the attachment. Cheers everyone!

Attachments

·
W210 Moderator
99 E320
5,289 Posts
color matching would be nice so as not to have the contrastingly (argueably) ugly yellow next to them.

·
Registered
07 E63 AMG Black on Black
446 Posts
comment and a question

amg-avantgarde said:
Hey guys, I just installed a new set of Philips Diamond Vision 5000K globes on my primary headlamps. Now I'm thinking of installing another set on my secondary headlamps. You think I should do it? If I do, it'll look like the headlamps of the new AMG E63. Check out the attachment. Cheers everyone!
I take it that you don't have the Bi-Xenon Headlamps as the 06 series does? With my Bi-Xenon Headlamps I don't get the "blue" tone like you see on the BMW's. Not that it means anything to me, just figure MB uses a different lens?

My secondary lamps in low beam mode have that yellow cast, I don't like it and wonder if anyone has a bulb replacement that would look better, those Philips 5000 are too big.

·
Registered
07 E63 AMG Black on Black
446 Posts
Answered my wn question

lear31a driver said:
I take it that you don't have the Bi-Xenon Headlamps as the 06 series does? With my Bi-Xenon Headlamps I don't get the "blue" tone like you see on the BMW's. Not that it means anything to me, just figure MB uses a different lens?

My secondary lamps in low beam mode have that yellow cast, I don't like it and wonder if anyone has a bulb replacement that would look better, those Philips 5000 are too big.
I found a site that sells the blue tint bulbs, as well as replacement for oem white. Please excuse me, I had one of those brain fart moments.

·
Registered
E300
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya I actually kinda found that out by mistake and so I installed my second set of the 5000K to replace my high beams. They look great coz from those gay looking yellow low beams, it becomes blue...really bright blue! But if you could give me that website, that would be good so I could have a look at these low beam blue globes. Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts