Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1985 300SD
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all my name is Allan and my fiance and I own a 1985 300SD with a 1983 turbo diesel under the hood. She needs a lot of work right now but we have big plans for her. As soon as I get her running. Here's some pics.

·
Mercedes
9,043 Posts
Welcome, Allan:thumbsup: The 300SD has one of the sturdiest "battle tough" motors of all W126's. May not be the fastest... but its pretty darn tough and reliable if well taken care of.

·
Registered
Euro 1985 500SEL
1,498 Posts
Welcome to the fun, crazy and expensive world of W126's! Feel free to ask any questions and make sure and use the search function before you post..we have a treasury of info here posted by great guys that is just a search function away. :)

·
Registered
1987 300SDL
1,609 Posts
Welcome to the fun, crazy and expensive world of W126's! Feel free to ask any questions and make sure and use the search function before you post..we have a treasury of info here posted by great guys that is just a search function away. :)
Expensive, hahaahaha, yes, these cars most certainly are.

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,992 Posts
Welcome to the club. If you find yourself in need of the service manuals, PM me your email and I will point you.

·
Registered
1985 300SD
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the welcomes, I have been learning a lot about this car browsing around this site. I'm in the process of fixing a few issues right now with said information actually lol. I am curious if there are any good websites other than ebay for finding oem or aftermarket parts?

·
Registered
1990 300SE
275 Posts
Hey, welcome! I'm new here myself, but let me just say that these guys here in the W126 section are excellent! Great community here, VIPmerc.

Nice Evo I see back there. What are your plans with this W126? :D

·
Registered
1985 300SD
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, welcome! I'm new here myself, but let me just say that these guys here in the W126 section are excellent! Great community here, VIPmerc.

Nice Evo I see back there. What are your plans with this W126? :D
the evo is my roomates, the srt-4 is mine though. As for the merc, I'm kinda going to combine the euro spec amg look with the japanese bippu/VIP look. nothing crazy though, no crazy camber or extreme paint job. I prefer a clean look.

·
Registered
1991 w126 420SEL, 1986 w126 Euro 560SEC (option 822), 2000 E55, 2003 E55, 2003 SL55
512 Posts
I always here the expensive thing thrown in there. I just don't feel the same way given what you can buy them for and what it costs to operate. What they can be is frustrating to maintain which has its own cost. :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts