Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1985 300SD
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all my name is Allan and my fiance and I own a 1985 300D with a 1983 turbo diesel under the hood. She needs a lot of work right now but we have big plans for her. As soon as I get her running. Here's some pics.

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Hey all my name is Allan and my fiance and I own a 1985 300D with a 1983 turbo diesel under the hood. She needs a lot of work right now but we have big plans for her. As soon as I get her running. I'll try to post some pics later.
Welcome aboard. You have an '85 with an '83 engine? Did you also replace the transmission or is the transmission from the '85?

Good luck on your project Allan!

·
Registered
1985 300SD
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome aboard. You have an '85 with an '83 engine? Did you also replace the transmission or is the transmission from the '85?

Good luck on your project Allan!
I honestly don't know, the car belonged to my fiance before we got together and the engine crapped out thus the replacement. She can't remember if they had to change the trans or not. I'm going to go take some pics today, had the gauge cluster out to try to replace the lighting gotta go put it back in today.

·
Registered
1982 300d 43k original miles with veggie kit
118 Posts
new to forum

I kinda fell into this car and was too hard to pass up

I was on craigs list looking at diesels and ran across this car and I bought it it is a 82 300d with 43k on it the sixth digit is a 0 has the veggie kit on it an came with filtering stuff and all this guys wife wanted it gone

any way we unloaded it it was -10 out and it was gelled up I got it running last week but it needs a block-tank something heater one came with car but is not installed will wait till spring for that way too cold to do that

what oil do you use for cold weather

cant wait till I can drive her

·
Registered
1985 300SD
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You have a 300SD. This is a W126 chassis, but a lot of engine and drivetrain components are similar to the W123.

Looks like it has rear end damage. That would require significant work.
that would explain why some of the info i have been finding has been wrong. This whole time I have been going on what my fiance told me since it was her car. now I feel dumb. and that rear end damage isnt that bad, just need to straighten it out some. nothing major.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts