Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1988 300SE W126
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My real name is Neil, I am 48 yrs old and I live near Brisbane in the eastern state of Queensland, Australia. Computers are my hobby, I enjoy building them from scratch and loading the operating system and using them and playing games on them. I have built a computer, (carputer), for my car and once installed it will take care of all my entertainment, navigation, and hands free mobile phone needs, and more.

I own a 1988 300SE W126. It is metalic blue and has grey interior. I bought it on 2 Jan 2012 and just love driving my grand old lady. I knew there were a few problems with the car before I bought it. Since buying it I have replaced all worn front and rear suspension components including the hydraulic cells for the rear SLS system, replaced the center muffler, the rear brake callipers were overhauled and new pads fitted, fitted a new mast and gears to get the antenna to work, I replaced the front flexible coupling on the drive shaft, fitted new spark plugs and replaced all the HT leads. The original Becker radio died a few months after I bought the car so I replased it with a modern Kenwood head unit. I have an air leak to fix at the fuel filler door to get the central locking to work properly. The cruise control doesn't work most of the time and is a project for some time down the track.

My main problem, and next project, is that recently I have lost reverse gear so I think I am looking at rebuilding the transmission. I am going to make a post about this in the appropriate forum if you want take a look.

Ok, thats it for now, take care everyone. Regards, Neil.

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Welcome to Benzworld

·
Registered
1988 300SE W126
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

Thanks for the welcome Eric and PinkFloydFan810.
Yes, pics would be nice. Will see what I can do as soon as I find the time.

Regards, Neil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts