Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I'll only take up a couple minutes of your time if you could respond.

I Just got a 1995 S320-W from my Dad, we've had the car since 1997 :O

Anyway, I wanna put a subwoofer system in the car.

I've already bought the following

1- Pioneer DEH-P6200BT (love Bluetooth :) )
2- 2 12'' Boss P126DVC 2300 Watt Peak 1150 RMS
3- 1 4200 Watt Legacy Steel Amp

I need to get a Ported box that I have a buddy of mine making.
My ORIGINAL Plan was to get the box and point the subs towards the backseat from inside the trunk

My PROBLEM is this Car Audio Guy told me that I wont get alot of sound because of the Gas Tank being between the backseat and Trunk.

Are there ways to get around it. I want to keep my Bose subwoofers, but if they have to go they gotta go. Will the Subs I have be able to penetrate through the thick steel?

Let me know. Thanks guys :)

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
It is a complicated set up, there are four speakers in the back deck that are wired in parralell for each side, the rear doors have a speaker in each, the front doors have two each, they both have unique enclosures and are driven by a "Bose" seven channel amp in the trunk. The pre 95s had the tuner in the trunk with a cable running to it from Becker. The gas tank goes completely from side to side behind the seat, and to get the speakers in the rear deck the seat back needs to be removed along with the trim. To get the door panels off, there is a trick to release the seat control panels since there are screws behind them. If you have never done any of this including wiring, I would re-consider the project.
I would hope your father understands what you are attempting to do with this gift, since your project will definately de-value the car. I would not listen to your buddies, and spend more time with your audio guy. I would post this in the audio section and see what they have to say

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I don't think I want to really remove whats in place. I just want to know if the sound will be able to channel through the gas tank to the interior of the car if I forward the subs towards the back.

I just need to Run a cable from the trunk to the head unit. Whats the easiest method?

Since the battery is in the Trunk, It should be easy to power the extra amp.

·
Registered
1993 300SEL (Sold) 2007 X5
7,218 Posts
If I were you I would just replace the head unit and amp whilst keeping the stock speakers. They are fairly good.

I also don't think you will get that much from subs in the boot because of the fuel tank. However there is very little sound deadening between the rear parcel shelf so you never know.

·
Registered
1997 Mercedes 600 Coupe & 1995 500 Coupe, 2004 Yamaha R1 200hp 360 pounds
1,146 Posts
I point my subs to the back (not to the gas tank) and you can hear it bumping all the way down the street. The space of the trunk makes the base sound full. Do NOT point them towards the gas tank, you will lose bass....

·
W140 Moderator
"CHRIS" Merc 92 600SEL / Sold > 93 600SE / 93 S500 / 89 560SEL / 413CDI / B180-CDI /A170-CDI
7,639 Posts
I just need to Run a cable from the trunk to the head unit. Whats the easiest method
There is a hole big inaf to feed a big Amp Cable on the left hand Side behind your Amp in the Trunk , use a Torch and you see it ,you may need to take the AMP out and the rear BOTTOM Bench seat ,Lift/Force the Backseat bottom Corner forward , just inaf to see the Light from the torch so you can pull the Cable trough , there is a Bolt/Nut that you need to remove on the Bottom to force the Backbench a bit .
Ciao :thumbsup:
You find tons of Info here if it's suitable for you :
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w140-s-class/1385821-rear-bose-amp-integration-adapter-w140.html

·
Premium Member
2012 E350 CGI Avant Garde Sport
1,931 Posts
You have four (4) subwoofers in the package tray. How many do you want?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
1999 S320, 97 740i, 99 A4
95 Posts
i got a 1999 s320w and i got 2 12s and man its loud :)i always point my subs toward back like the other guy said you will lose bass. Gas tank dont even bother thats not gonna be inj the way .
And contact iss tell him i told you and he will tell you how to bypass everything so your new deck will be working with original emp and speakers and you only gonna need to run rca's and remote for the sub emp. mine i had to put a speaker emp since people before wired it up like that so that was the easiest option for me to put extra emp i will post pix a lil later.
Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts