Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
G320,G-Cabrio,Brabus G300GE
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 1995 G320, and would like to update the rear light to the new updated version of 2005 G-class that has white blinking light.

Is it universal that I can just remove mine and then add the new model rear lights ?

Also anyone knows where I get a pair that is reasonable better deal then the cost from a Mercedes Benz dealer ?

Thanks,

Van

Attachments

·
Registered
96 G300DT
1,986 Posts
The 463 lights are interchangeable. The only difference seems to be the color of the plastic. I see them for sale on eBay occasionally. That might not be so prevalent soon if the source was the factory leak.

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,977 Posts
Saigon76nyc - 5/8/2005 12:36 PM

Hello,

I have a 1995 G320, and would like to update the rear light to the new updated version of 2005 G-class that has white blinking light.
It's not white blinking. The lens is clear, but the bulb is yellow. If you don't use a yellow bulb behind those clear lenses, you're breaking the law in most states - including Georgia.

·
Registered
1995 G320 LWB
35 Posts
When mine were changed from the original amber len's to the newer clear units I remeber it being more involved.

It was a whole light kit and the wiring for the lights needed to be adapted to the new lights.

It was not just a screw out and screw in new unit deal. Not super involved though.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I called Mercedes Benz Dealer in Columbus, Georgia, and they told me that the Updated Version rear lenses do not fit my model G320.

Is this true? or they just do not want to sell it to me, because my car was imported from Europa?

thank you,

Van

·
Registered
111 & 126
151 Posts
If you find new lights for your G and need to unload the old ones let me know...I'm restoring my 460 and was thinking about upgrading, considering i'm redoing everything anyway modification in not an issue for me.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello,

I upgraded my Rear Lights with the New White Signal Lights.

As for my Yellow Rear Signal Lights there seems to be some damage on the left passenger side where it melted the interior of the compartment.

So if you are interested in just purchasing the Driver side just let me know.

I will post photos of the new REAR Lights later this week.

Thank you,

Van

1 - 8 of 8 Posts