Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I got a 560SEL 1988 I am getting fuel to the engine and spark too... It is not firing at all.. The timing is okay I think have not checked it...

I bought the car not running... and cannot figure it out. Anyone know what it might be? Good spark and fuel to the engine... What else could it be?

Anyways.. I wanted to drop a new engine into the car, I was wondering what engines will fit I can hookup to this car... I am thinking a chevy engine like a 350 I'd like to drop into it.

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,992 Posts
Mike Ramay is the only one I know that has dropped a LT motor into a 126. What is your goal budget wise and HP wise?

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
40,697 Posts
Okay, I got a 560SEL 1988 I am getting fuel to the engine and spark too... It is not firing at all.. The timing is okay I think have not checked it...

I bought the car not running... and cannot figure it out. Anyone know what it might be? Good spark and fuel to the engine... What else could it be?

Anyways.. I wanted to drop a new engine into the car, I was wondering what engines will fit I can hookup to this car... I am thinking a chevy engine like a 350 I'd like to drop into it.
Welcome to the forum.
To be able to use all forum features, please make sure to carefully read Benzworld.org - Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum - Announcements in Forum : W126 S,SE,SEC,SEL,SD,SDL Class
Cheers

·
Premium Member
560SEC, 190E, Frontier, 240Z
1,329 Posts
Sorry you gave up.
You said there is "fuel to the engine" but that doesn't necessarily mean it is getting into the combustion chamber.

I've had my Bosch fuel injection apart and back together about 5 times now.
Its fairly robust. But sensitive to certain pressures.

Tj

1 - 5 of 5 Posts