Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I just purchased a 2003 e500 and the owner swapped out the Command unit for a Harman/Becker BE 7040, Mercedes Part #A 211 820 27 97. The car has an antenna for Navigation but how do I verify if all of the rest of the parts are present to run the navigation system.

When I press NAV or MAP it says Navigation not available....

Thank you in advance for your help. I also found out that I can simply purchase a Aux out cable from Merc and run my iPhone music until I get a iPod integration kit or find a good Auto installer to swap for an aftermarket Nav Unit because sure do miss my AVIC right now.

·
Registered
790 Posts
In the trunk, left hand side, there will be a NAV drive if equipped. We have a lot of items for your car…. welcome to the family! Cartronics.com

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, So I searched and all I can see is a fuse box. Is it in that area? Would it be behind the trunk liner? Im assuming it is not equipped with one because it should be easily visable. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
790 Posts
It is easily visible with a little door in the left trunk that drops down. If there is no door, then you don't have it. Our kit is a complete set of parts (including new left trunk liner) that installs the factory Nav.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the little door but its a fuse box, no drive. I am going to get a used drive today from my little brother who re-wired his CLS for an aftermarket system. I did discover that there is a empty set of two wires (female ends) so I am assuming one is the antenna and the other is the fiber link connector. I will see if I can take the rack from him as well since it should be exactly the same from my reading.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I finally got around to installing the drive and now I am so lost. I do not know what goes where, what is a master or a slave connection, and why I am not seeing the nav unit on the command. The drive definately works and the most loop as is was just fine until I started moving things around.

Does anyone have a COMPLETE description of the Master(1) and Slave(2) slots on the various connectors. What # fiber wire connects to complete the loop, etc.

I know I have all of the necessary wires so that is not a problem, I am just lost with getting it all together. I have read the Loop diagram listed in the popular Navigation Retrofit instructions but with the instructions being for a 2005 things do not like up exactly the same.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got it all worked out. Thank you to the forum for your help. I will write something up once I get a chance mapping out EVERY detail because most of the stuff on here leads to pages and pages of nothing but others telling you about their problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts