Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 240d
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody in ca thinking about buying a new E 320 cdi if so how will you do it? you can't buy them here in ca. what a bummer!!

·
Registered
83 300TD/97 E320/98 SL500
105 Posts
Buy in Oregon...

My uncle's been talking about getting a diesel in Oregon (no sales tax!) and bringing it back to CA. Make a vacation out of it and call it MB's Special Oregon Delivery Program.

There'd probably be some red tape bringing it back to CA though...

·
Registered
84 230CE & 84 300DT
324 Posts
The no "sales tax" is for Oregon residents only. As far as the red tape goes, I think it o...

The no "sales tax" is for Oregon residents only. As far as the red tape goes, I think it only applies to new cars brought into California. I don't think there would be any problem if it were brought back as a "used" car. You would need to register the car in Oregon or somewhere else before trying to register it in California. I used to live in California several years ago and I knew people who were bringing in non California models that way.
By the way, is California requiring emission testing on diesels there?

·
Registered
83 300TD/97 E320/98 SL500
105 Posts
Emissions testing

Not to my knowledge- the 300TD has been excempt from smog checks since day 1.

As for used cars, I've heard that the requirement in CA is 7500 miles on a car to be considered used. So much for hoping to see more diesels here. I'm not even sure how VW TDI's are being obtained here. It's a shame that diesels are practically taboo here

·
Registered
84 230CE & 84 300DT
324 Posts
That's the one of the many reasons why I left California. Too much BS to have to deal with...

That's the one of the many reasons why I left California. Too much BS to have to deal with.
Nice state but I don't want to live there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.