Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I turned 16, I inherited my father's 1991 SEL 500 (white, pictures coming soon) and I have to say I am completely in love with it. Just know that I have a lot of respect for these cars for such a young person, and hope to begin collecting as soon as I have enough money [:p]. Does anyone have any tips? It's in amazing condition, besides the fact that the a/c doesnt work. All black leather interior, and the only thing that isnt original is the radio (it died a few years back). I want to paint it black, is it worth it? Please get back to me.

-Iz

·
Registered
89' 300SE 80' 240D
616 Posts
Welcome to benzworld i got my SE when i was 16 (Im 17 now) but yea im in love with my car also. Yes painting it black would add to the appeal it would look great. Happy Benzing [8D] BTW looking forward to see some pics. Also heres a link to some simple mods at inportvision

http://www.importvision.com/index.php?display=search_inventory.php

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Congrats on the car!

In short, No, it's not worth it. A proper colour change is going to run you 10-15K.. Much cheaper to sell your car and go buy the colour you want.
But keep in mind you have a car w/ a known history which is worth a good bit of $$.

Jonathan

·
Registered
1984 280SEL AMG
701 Posts
I agree with Jon, Keep it the same color... And welcome to the family...

Rich

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
A 91 500 SEL, cool car – are you in the UK? Please tell us your father took great care of it and has a complete service record. If so it could be another 16 years before you need a new car.

·
Registered
560/sel/sec/Jag XJS
1,930 Posts
Benz Devil - 4/8/2006 8:15 PM

White Benz Rocks!!!

Welcome to the forum!!![:D]
Ya Whites are nice...but if you want a real MERCEDES...ya gotta have a BLACK one.......

hell...everyone knows that..Duhh !!

·
Registered
'85 euro 500 sec amg& 93 harley davidson fxr
43 Posts
congratulations on the new ride. there is nothing that i wanted more than a benz when i was in high school. have fun with it and welcome to the forum.if the white paint is in good condition i wouldn't paint it. let's see some pictures!

·
Registered
'85 euro 500 sec amg& 93 harley davidson fxr
43 Posts
congratulations on the new ride. there is nothing that i wanted more than a benz when i was in high school. have fun with it and welcome to the forum.if the white paint is in good condition i wouldn't paint it. let's see some pictures!

·
Registered
1982 380 SEL
235 Posts
Hey welcome!
I'm 17 myself and just got a 380 SEL. I had fallen in love before the test drive. As far as repainting goes, I would leave it white. I honestly cannot decide whether I like white or black Mercedes more. Both colors look very nice. I can't wait to see some pictures.

-Dustin B

·
Premium Member
SLK55 (2006) C36 (1995)
3,288 Posts
I'd leave it white, recoloured cars have lower resale, as well as costing too much for a quality job.

I got my first w126 when i was 16 too! (now 23)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.