Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1998 MB SLK 230
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered some new 6.5 Rockford Fosgate door speakers. I can't wait they should be here on Wednesday. I'll try to to post some installation or finished product pics around Thursday.

·
Registered
1998 MB SLK 230
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone have a diagram of all the screws I should take out and what I should pop out to take off the plastic cover of the door for access to the speakers?

·
Registered
slk
187 Posts
If your going to replace speakers, match high-end with high-end. SLK deserves better. A/D/S, MB quart, Focal...You WILL be much happier with a high-end set. Do it right.

·
Registered
99 SLK230 Sport
818 Posts
mrfu - 3/20/2005 1:01 PM

Does anyone have a diagram of all the screws I should take out and what I should pop out to take off the plastic cover of the door for access to the speakers?
the cover screen for the speakers are i think screwed from the inside.. you have to remove the door panel to get to it. here's a litle help:
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1186150&posts=12&hl=door+panel+removal

·
Registered
SLK in brilli silver
854 Posts
W/O diggin in the post links its pretty str8 forward to do, while your at it you may want to dynamat xtreme the doors, makes a notable difference.

·
Registered
1998 MB SLK 230
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
slknow - 3/21/2005 8:53 PM

If your going to replace speakers, match high-end with high-end. SLK deserves better. A/D/S, MB quart, Focal...You WILL be much happier with a high-end set. Do it right.
While I appreciate you input, you must understand living in South Africa names like that are either a bit harder to come by or extremely more expensive. I chose this brand for mulitple reasons. Besides I've heard some Rockford sound systems that sound great. I've heard some STARSOUND that even sound great even Calibra that sound great. They were all deemed "shitty" brands, but still the sound that came out was great. It's all about the setup. [:D]

Speaking of sound systems, what sound do you have running? I'm curious to know how everyone else's setups are.

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
I currently have an OmniFi which I am in the process of installing. I am currently leaning towards an Eclipse HU, speakers and amps are up in the air.

Mike619, I thought you had given up on the SLK and were looking for a Boxster of something?

·
Registered
slk
187 Posts
I see your situation. In my previous vehicle I had A/D/S speakers which won me competions. In my current vehicle, SLK, I have stock, which sound better than my A/D/S.

·
Registered
SLK in brilli silver
854 Posts
430 - 3/21/2005 10:32 AM

I currently have an OmniFi which I am in the process of installing. I am currently leaning towards an Eclipse HU, speakers and amps are up in the air.

Mike619, I thought you had given up on the SLK and were looking for a Boxster of something?
I am still thinkin about it, made a deal w/myself that if it toasts again im selling the slk for a boxster s.
Im payin uncle same some horrific taxes so im stuck either way for at least a few months in the slk either way.

·
Registered
2005 CLK200 Komp, 2007 R350
680 Posts
Eclipse HU, Focal speakers and sub, alpine amps.

I've heard audison are meant to make some high quality amps.

·
Registered
1998 MB SLK 230
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mr_Ferrari - 3/22/2005 3:28 AM

Eclipse HU, Focal speakers and sub, alpine amps.

I've heard audison are meant to make some high quality amps.
I wanted a all Alpine system, but when i started calulating prices i realised i'd be paying a WHOLE lot more. So hopefully we'll do that to my girlfriends car (whatever month she decides to buy one [:(])

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
In the states yuo can get Alpine stuff pretty cheap. I am not sure how good their speakers are. Their HU's are nice and integrate well with the amps. Although for the money you can buy better amps than Alpine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts