Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
93 190E 2.6; 82 300 SD Turbo
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I am selling my Jesen Mp3 player, it was only a temp till i got sufficient $ for a new one. I'm looking at Pioneer headunits.
i have $350 for this task...that includes that 2 or 4 year warranty that circuit city will have....so which do u think

A) http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Pioneer-In-Dash-CD-Player-DEH-P6700MP-/sem/rpsm/oid/115885/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

B) http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Pioneer-In-Dash-CD-Player-DEH-P7700MP-/sem/rpsm/oid/116335/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Well, I had 3 but the third is 360 thats just too much. So which do you think would be best? I mean I have a subwoofer, I would like to have a crossover on my normal speaker to protect them from the bass frequencies when i crank it. Personally, I like them both. So I dont know which to get. Opinions?

Kris

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
I'll leave the choices out of this as I'm just not a fan of Pioneer, but that's OK.. But that aside, why on earth are you purchasing from Circuit City? Do a search on Froogle or ebay (check shipping w/ the ebay guys before you buy) you'll pay Far less then any retailer like CS, BB, Tweeter etc..

Jonathan

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the input Jonathan. I was only using CC as a point of reference because i couldnt seem to get Pioneer's website to work. I think i will buy it off the internet. Much cheaper. Ebay is cheaper even thou shipping is like $20 ! Why dont u like Pioneer? are u an Alpine fan? I think the Pioneer headunits are much better looking than Alpine's.

Kris

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Pioneer or Nakamichi for less. Gee what a dilemma....

·
Registered
300 SEL- 190D- 380 SEC
227 Posts
MRTIKKET - 4/22/2005 5:51 PM

Excuse me?

Pioneer DEH-P860MP Premier CD Receiver

Featuring CD-R, CD-RW, MP3, WMA, WAV Playback; Customizable Multicolor Organic EL Display; XM-Ready; Supertuner IIID; Built-in DSP with 13-Band Graphic EQ; Burr-Brown DAC's...

>Recommended Accessories $349.99
In stock. Usually
ships within 24 Hours

Pioneer DEH-P8600MP CD Receiver w/WMA & MP3 Playback & Organic EL Display

Features a CCP Organic EL Display; Motorized Flap; MP3/WMA playback; MCD Control; XM Ready; 3-Way Crossover...

>Recommended Accessories $324.99
In stock. Usually
ships within 24 Hours

Pioneer DEH-P80MP CD Reciever wih MP3 Player

Features MP3 / WMA / WAV CD playback and PLL Synthesiser tuner w/24 Presets, Auto-Flap Motorized Faceplate, Customizable Screensavers, EQ-EX; EEQ+ equaliser, iPod Adapter Ready, 16 charector Multi-Line Display and much more...

>Recommended Accessories $289.99
In stock. Usually
ships within 24 Hours

Pioneer DEH-P8MP CD/MP3/WMA/WAV Reciever

Pioneer CD/MP3/WMA/WAV XM Ready Reciever featuring Supertuner 3D, MOSFET 60W x 4, Built-in speaker, 100 Ohm Impedence, 16 bit D/A Converter, CD-R/CD-RW Compatible, Sound Focus EQ....

>Recommended Accessories $287.99
In stock. Usually
ships within 24 Hours

Pioneer DEH-P760MP Premier CD Receiver w/Organic EL Display

Features a Blue Organic EL Display, MP3 and WMA format playback, XM Ready, MOSFET50, 2-Way Crossover, Flap...

>Recommended Accessories $224.99
In stock. Usually
ships within 24 Hours

Pioneer DEH-P7600MP CD Receiver w/ MP3 & WMA Playback

Featuring MP3 and WMA Playback, Blue OEL, XM Ready, 2-Way Crossover, Remote Control...

>Recommended Accessories $209.99
In stock. Usually
ships within 24 Hours

and yes, you can get a warranty.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
The least expensive Nakamichi, is far superior in every way to anything Pioneer has to offer Pioneer is poorly made and their specs are fabricated.

·
Registered
300 SEL- 190D- 380 SEC
227 Posts
Thats the beauty of capitolism.

Nakamichi CD400 In-Dash CD Receiver

Features 24-bit digital-to-analog converter, 47W x 4 channel power amplifier, triple-band tone controls...

>View all: Electronics > Car Electronics > Car Audio > CD Receivers
Search Suggestions: nakamichi cd-400 | nakamichi cd 400 | cd-400 $299.99
In stock.
Usually ships within 1-2 Days

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank everyone for your opinions, using froogle i found a Pioneer DEH-P7700MP for $209 including shipping. Personally I like the way this deck looks, my friend has a Pioneer Permier deck and its very nice. I have never heard of Nakamichi before. I'll keep you updated as i install it, it should look nice. the deck is more refined than my friend's due to newer model etc etc...

Thanks
Kris

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Well, I've never been a fan of how Pioneer units sound.. Very bright and un natural, besides that Pioneer has never been a major player as far as head units are concerned. I like the Nak head units, Sony's ES, ie CDX C90 (the rest are pure crap), Alpine F1 (yes, I know they're ungodly expensive) and the Clarion HX-D10's and few of their other pro line of head units..oh, and I the Mac head units are quite nice as well.

To start, I wouldn't run any head unit w/ it's own internal amp..they all suck compared to external amplification. I have also found that w/ our MB's the area behind the console is Very well insulated and any head unit you have w/ an amp in there is going to get Mighty hot.

Just as a bit of disclaimer, decks that are Really going to be serious about sound are not going to go crazy w/ the 'look'...also, you need to check the RMS rating on the amps, not the peak output..it would be lucky to see that much wattage once in it's life.

Jonathan

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
there's nothing Wrong w/ them, I'm just of the opinion you can get decks that will sound Far better. For all the sound shows I've been to I have yet to see someone install a Pioneer that wasn't sponsored by them.

walmart sells their stuff for ..... sake..[xx(]

Jonathan

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
must be some special high-end wal mart cause I aint see Pioneer there!! They are big on RCA and the similar.[xx(]

·
Registered
1986 560sec
65 Posts
just a heads up for wal mart fans!

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2569438&cat=96481&type=19&dept=3944&path=0%3A3944%3A3947%3A96481

i'm with johnathan personally i have an alpine 9835 and paired with my i-pod it is pretty tough to top. I work at circuit city and the sad thing is is that i rarely buy from my own store if it is a major purchase, unless there is an accomadation price. i am not knocking pioneer it's good stuff, i just think that alpine is a little more sound and a little less flash.

my 2 cents,
jared

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Classified - 4/20/2005 8:07 PM

MRTIKKET - 4/22/2005 5:51 PM

Excuse me?

Pioneer DEH-P860MP Premier CD Receiver

Featuring CD-R, CD-RW, MP3, WMA, WAV Playback; Customizable Multicolor Organic EL Display; XM-Ready; Supertuner IIID; Built-in DSP with 13-Band Graphic EQ; Burr-Brown DAC's...

>Recommended Accessories $349.99
In stock. Usually
ships within 24 Hours

Pioneer DEH-P8600MP CD Receiver w/WMA & MP3 Playback & Organic EL Display

Features a CCP Organic EL Display; Motorized Flap; MP3/WMA playback; MCD Control; XM Ready; 3-Way Crossover...

>Recommended Accessories $324.99
In stock. Usually
ships within 24 Hours

Pioneer DEH-P80MP CD Reciever wih MP3 Player

Features MP3 / WMA / WAV CD playback and PLL Synthesiser tuner w/24 Presets, Auto-Flap Motorized Faceplate, Customizable Screensavers, EQ-EX; EEQ+ equaliser, iPod Adapter Ready, 16 charector Multi-Line Display and much more...

>Recommended Accessories $289.99
In stock. Usually
ships within 24 Hours

Pioneer DEH-P8MP CD/MP3/WMA/WAV Reciever

Pioneer CD/MP3/WMA/WAV XM Ready Reciever featuring Supertuner 3D, MOSFET 60W x 4, Built-in speaker, 100 Ohm Impedence, 16 bit D/A Converter, CD-R/CD-RW Compatible, Sound Focus EQ....

>Recommended Accessories $287.99
In stock. Usually
ships within 24 Hours

Pioneer DEH-P760MP Premier CD Receiver w/Organic EL Display

Features a Blue Organic EL Display, MP3 and WMA format playback, XM Ready, MOSFET50, 2-Way Crossover, Flap...

>Recommended Accessories $224.99
In stock. Usually
ships within 24 Hours

Pioneer DEH-P7600MP CD Receiver w/ MP3 & WMA Playback

Featuring MP3 and WMA Playback, Blue OEL, XM Ready, 2-Way Crossover, Remote Control...

>Recommended Accessories $209.99
In stock. Usually
ships within 24 Hours

and yes, you can get a warranty.

where did u get these off of Classified? what site?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts