Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought, but have yet to take possession of, a 2007 CLS550 here in Boston. Given our highly snowy winters, I was planning on putting dedicated 17" snows on the car for winter use, with Blizzaks or Michelin Alpins (this is all that tirerack appears to have in stock for our car now). I am also flirting with the idea of putting Pirelli PZero Nero all seasons on the stock wheels.

Does anyone have snow driving experience in this car on AS tires or dedicated winters? I am coming from an Audi S4, which was great on snow, even with Toyo Proxes. Thanks for any feedback you can offer.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just installed 19" Bridgestone Blizzaks on my CLS63...255's on all 4 corners.

We haven't had any snow or really ice for that matter quite yet, but I'm sure I'll have more experience within the next 3-4 weeks. I had Michelin Pilot Alpins on my old BMW 525i and it handled like a dream with those tires on. Absolutely fantastic. I'll be real curious to see if the CLS can get through the winter. Tough issue for me is that the CLS is my winter car of the cars in the garage...

·
Registered
10 Posts
What I can tell you is my CLS500 on stock 18" Conti 3's is the worst driver in the snow that I or my local MB dealer has ever had.
No weight in the back, no grip and lots of power = madness!
Colin.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback

I appreciate the helpful comments. I have the Conti SportContact 3s.

I was hoping to get away with Michelin Pilot A/S on the stock wheels, but that seems like it may be pushing the envelope. We get tons of snow in Boston, so I will probably have to suck it up and get the dedicated wheelset and tires. I just with the rack had 18" packages. They are sold out and I will have to go down to 17s.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts